Monday, May 3, 2010

A Quick and Fun LIFT...

I saw Julie Davison's card on her blog HERE that she posted over a year ago, and fell in love with the simplicity of it.  So of course I had to give it a try myself.  Here's my three versions of the card design.  FUN and QUICK! 

Card 1




I think this first card is my favourite of the three I made.  :)


Card 2


Since CTMH has only ONE punch so far (but hey it's a start right?...  actually when I think about it, they have TWO punches... there's also a corner rounder), I wanted to incorporate the new punch into this card.  I punched out four 1 1/4" circles and glued them onto the back of the flap, then trimmed the excess off with my scissors.


Card 3


I used our corner rounder to create the scallops for this one.
Card 3 took the longest time to create because I paper pieced the apron, and then I stamped, embossed and sprayed colour onto a paper flower and then had to dry it with my craft heater.  I followed Jennifer Bennet's tutorial on how to create the polka-dotted paper flower.  And you can find Jennifer's tutorial HERE.
 
To create this style of card, you take a 4 1/4 x 10 1/4" piece of cardstock for your base and score it at 5 1/2" and 8 1/4".  Give it a try for yourself! 
 
Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):

CARD 1
Paper:  Black, White Daisy, Ocean CS
Stamps:  One Of A Kind
Inks:  Black, Ocean, Goldrush
Punch:  Scallop edge (SU)
Other:  Scoring Board (Martha Stewart)

CARD 2
Paper:  Chocolate, Colonial White, Tulip CS; Cherry-O B&T
Stamps:  Bowl Of Cherries
Inks:  Chocolate, Tulip, Sweet Leaf
Punch:  1 1/4" circle
Other:  Scoring Board (Martha Stewart), Micro-tip Scissors

CARD 3
Paper:  Black, Grey Flannel, White Daisy CS, Bella B&T (for the apron)
Stamps:  Ms. Scrapbook, Happy Birthday, Spot On Backgrounds
Inks:  Black, Hollyhock, White Daisy pigment, Grey Flannel marker, Hollyhock reinker
Punch:  Corner Rounder, 1/16" hole punch (Fiskars)
Embellishments:  White paper flower, Black bigger brad, Black dashed grosgrain
Other:  Blending pen, Clear Detail Embossing powder, Craft heater, Rubbing alcohol (other), Spritz bottle (Ranger), Micro-tip scissors, Scoring Board (Martha Stewart), Paper piercer

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Cute cards! I love the colour combo on the first one!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Oh man - the colors on that first card are insanely cool! You may see me steal that color palette...

Anonymous said...

I love the stamp One of a Kind and yours is great the colors are really neat. I know I will borrow your pattern. Thanks
Larie

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Vicki, I love these cards!!! They are very cool and I hadn't seen them before anywhere - so I'm really glad you shared the measurement, too! LOL

I like to do something a little different sometimes. Your cards are all terrific! The first one - what great colors! The circle scallops on the 2nd one - what a fun idea (I likey!) and the last one is just as amazing!

Nice work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin