Thursday, October 14, 2010

Boo Class Treats


While Cole was at his guitar lesson last night, I spent my 1/2 hour browsing the Halloween aisles at the nearby Shopper's Drug Mart and came across a bag of eyeball gumballs.  (110 gumballs for $6.99)  I thought to myself that I could make something cute and quick with these for Cole to give to his classmates for Halloween.

This morning I made this as a flat, postcard style card, where Cole can easily write who they are from in a white gel pen on the backside before we attach the eyeballs on all of them.

I used my Cricut (George & Basic Shapes) to cut the 'B', a Martha Stewart punch for the bats with a white gel pen to add dots for their eyes, the Drippy Goo Martha Stewart edge punch, and a sentiment stamp.  To attach the gumballs, I used pieces of ScorTape.  The thing I like about ScorTape is that you can tear off the length of tape you need with your fingers. 

 The card base is: 
  • Black CS 3 1/2" x 5"
  • Clover Meadow CS 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
  • Hydrangea CS 1" x 5" (cut to size first, then edge punched) 
Easy, peasy... just the way I like it.  Besides, let's face it, the kids will just rip the eyeballs off and toss the cards anyways.  LOL

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  White Daisy, Black, Clover Meadow, Hydrangea CS
Stamp:  Witch's Brew (retired)
Ink:  Black
Punches:  Drippy Goo edge (Martha Stewart), Bat (Martha Stewart), 1/2" circle (SU)
Other items:  Cricut - George & Basic Shapes (Provo Craft), Uniball White Gel pen (SU), ScorTape (ScorPal), Eyeball Gumballs (Life Brand - Shopper's Drug Mart)


2 comments:

Becky B. said...

Very, very cute!! His classmates will love it!

Amy Gehring said...

I love this! Very cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin