Thursday, August 17, 2017

Be The Light


Every year for Convention goers, there is an opportunity to create a layout for a contest.
(I wasn't one of the top 10 winners this year...)

This year's Convention theme was "Who Tells Your Story?", and in keeping with the theme, we were to create a layout that tells part of our own personal story.

I chose to create a layout about me and journal about my recent struggles with a severe anxiety disorder that seemed to come out of nowhere, fast and hard, like someone turned a light switch on... and left it on.







The page has a flip-flap that flips open to reveal my hidden journaling.






And this is my story that I shared...






I talk openly to anyone and everyone about my anxiety, as there is no shame in it.  We are not alone in these struggles in our lives.  I certainly am not the only person in the whole wide world that is dealing with this.  Although the details of my story may be slightly different than others struggling with anxiety, I have and am travelling down my own path of healing and enlightenment.  All struggles come with learning.  And I have learned so much, about life, about myself.

If anyone reading this is needing to reach out to someone, please know I am more than willing to be an ear for you.  And if you want to hear about it, just ask and I will share with you what I learned through my personal journey and how I tackle my anxiety head on.  Just send me an email... vwizniuk@pris.ca



Wishing you all Love & Light!


And happy creating!  :)







3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Beautiful post, Vicki, and a lovely layout! I like that you used flip-flaps for the journaling. I LOVE that you shared it with us and offered to help anyone experiencing the same or similar issues. You indeed are the light!

Jeanne said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful layout and your story. You are very strong and brave to share so openly. I'm sure you've helped others by doing so and they will be grateful. Take care of yourself and keep shining! :)

Alyson Mayo said...

Vicki, how courageous of you to share your struggles and your journey. Being able to do that indicates tremendous progress alone! Anxiety is not an easy illness to cope with and many of us deal with it in various forms. You are very kind to offer to help others with their struggles. Do take care of yourself :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin