Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ahoy, Matey! (SCS SC215)


I love the Ahoy, Matey stamp set from SU... it's one of my fave SU sets! This is why I bought the Rockabilly paper pack. The skull and crossbones are just so fitting! I love the glossy parts on all the papers in this pack, too.

I colored the pirate with Prisma Colouring Pencils, using the Gamsol technique, where you colour and shade with pencil crayons, then dip the tip of a nib into Gamsol (odourless paint thinner) and blend the colours together. It's a great technique and one I need to keep working on to get better at. This card is also using the SCS sketch (SCS SC215).

What I used (all SU unless otherwise noted):
Ahoy, Matey SS
Rockabilly DP
Old Olive DP
Real Red CS
White Daisy and Black CS (CTMH)
Black ink (CTMH)
Black marker (CTMH)
Prisma Colouring Pencils
Odourless Paint Thinner (Michaels)
Ranger Pen Nibs (LSS)
Pop dots (other - dollar store)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin