Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grade 3... 12x12 pocket layout to hold school papers/art


I've seen quite a few folios done in this manner, but I liked how fellow CTMH Consultant Lisa Bzibziak used eyelets down the side of her True Fit Folios to make them into large pockets to hold special school papers/artwork for her son's LOs, so I incorporated that detail into mine. I used a pre-printed LO from the long retired Graduation Level 1 kit for the front, and added a piece of 4x12 argyle B&T from the kit for the inside/top part that shows. Now I have to say that using the True Fit Folios with Level 1 pages makes for a super easy project and I love how it turned out. And now I'm also regretting selling my Graduation Level 2 paper pack recently... I really do love these papers! Oh, well, life goes on... ;o)

I think I'll do another page to go with this one, including journaling about the highlights of this school year.

What I used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Graduation Level 1 kit (retired)
True Fit Folios
Classmate Alpha stamp set
Chocolate Alphabet Small stamp set
Circle Around stamp set
Argyle Backgrounds stamp set
Black and Grey Wool inks
Black Journal pen
Silver gel pen (Staedtler)
Silver eyelets
DE Simple Numbers
Bamboo brads
Large Circle Coluzzle
Tab punch (SU)

*** Edited to add photos of companion page...



7 comments:

Sarah said...

What a great idea...I have tons of loose pieces of paper from my kids school year! This is a great project, useful, and it looks awesome.

Jamie Harder said...

Fabulous layout! I love those true fit folios!! Perfect way to use them!!

Kelli said...

Nice Job, that is exactly what I am working on tonight, LOL, from pre-school to grade 4, oh how the scrapbooking has changed from hand cutting to cricuts etc.... I follow your blog, and love your work, I have to admit to scrapnapping a couple of things for my personal use!

Leslie said...

Vicki, I like what you have done here. I have used the folio for several layouts, but have never put photos on them. I also have used them so the top opens up instead of how you have it as a file. I have drawers full of papers from my children's school days. I think I will try it your way and actually get some of those papers out of the drawers. Thanks for the idea. I also like that term scrapnapping.
Leslie

scrap your heart out with Jen said...

Really love this idea. Oh so many great ideas and so little time. I need my fairy scrapbook godmother to help me. With 7 kids, I am happy to get a page done now and then. This idea rocks!

Beth aka BR-T said...

What a fantastic Idea, so glad I stopped by tonight! BR-T

Carrie said...

I LOVE it!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin