Saturday, May 16, 2009

Exciting news... from Sheetload of Cards! (and some rambling, too)

Boy, it's been another busy week for me. That's why I haven't had the time to post much this week. I do have some cards to share, and hopefully I'll find the time this weekend to get caught up. Well, I started a part-time job. It's supposed to be 2-3 hours a week, but until I get caught up on the tasks that have been piling up, it will be much more than that for a while. That and the fact that I'm new and learning, it always takes a bit longer to do a job than when I've been doing it competently and confidently for a while. My son is also in swimming and soccer, so that takes up Mon-Thurs aft/evenings. I also started walking an hour once a week in the morning, and yoga twice a week in the mornings. Yikes, where am I going to fit it all in??? lol I still have to find some scrapping time and there's this little thing of running a household, too...

Also, on Thursday, we finally moved my Dad into a care home. He'd been in the hospital for almost a year, waiting for a bed in a care home to open up. It's in a little town, a little over an hour from where I live, and I am the one who is responsible for all of his financial needs, medical decisions, reporting to the Public Trustee .... it's a lot of work at times, but things are starting to settle down a little more now. Last summer was the worst... I won't go into details, but it was a difficult situation surrounding why my Dad was hospitalized. He now has dementia, so it's a tough road to watch him go down. :(


So now, on to my good news of the week... (sorry, for the long preceding read)

My little idea for the Double Scraplings, and then making them into gift card holders, was featured on the Sheetload of Cards blog. For me, that's extremely exciting! I am honoured that Alicia at Sheetload liked my idea enough to share with all of her followers! Thanks, Alicia! :)

It's a long weekend here in Canada, with Monday being Victoria Day. Too bad it's supposed to snow... oh, well, what can you do? My flowers will have to wait a little longer...

Have a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on being featured on Sheetload of cards! VERY exciting.

Sarah said...

WTG ..that is awesome.
So sorry to hear about your dad...I am glad he is able to move into a place that is better than a hospital.
good luck in your new job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin