Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blue Snowflake Treat Box - altered


I'm having fun playing with my Treat Box template today. I love anything easy, and this template is super easy to put together. No printing and/or tracing necessary... just start with a specific size of cardstock and follow simple cutting and scoring instructions. Just the way I like it! lol

So while I was gluing this one together, I decided to change it up a little and make the top into a box top. It was so easy to do... I think it totally changes the look of the Treat Box and I love how it turned out.

I stamped the snowflake images with Versamark onto Indian Corn Blue cardstock, then took a 50/50 mixture of Prisma Glitter and White embossing powder and sprinkled it over my snowflakes, and then heat embossed them. It doesn't show up in the picture, but it gives the snowflakes a hint of sparkle. TIP: Mixing glitter with embossing powder and heat setting it seals in the glitter so you don't have it falling off your project afterwards. Gotta love that!

*** If you are interested in getting one of my templates I've created, I am giving them away for free as a bonus with a purchase of one of my handmade cards. Details can be found on my sidebar.

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): Treat Box template (by Vicki); Feathery Flakes, and Just for the Holidays stamp sets; Indian Corn Blue, and White Daisy cardstock; Indian Corn Blue ink; Nestabilities Labels One die (Spellbinders); Mega Snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida); 1 1/4" circle punch (EK Success); White embossing powder; Prisma Glitter; Versamark; Colonial White waxy flax; Silver eyelet; Silver grommets (Walmart); White grosgrain (Walmart); 3D Foam tape (other).

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think I like this one more than the red one! It's the colors. How do you get your embossed images so clean and crisp...they look perfect and I know how hard that is to do..! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of the prisma glitter and embossing powder mixed. I have heard of doing that before but have never tried it. I'm going to have to now. Your little blue box is beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin