Saturday, May 29, 2010

Dad You Rock...




I created this card for two reasons... one was for a challenge by Provo Craft, hosted on The Pink Stamper's blog, and two is so my son has a handmade card to give his Daddy-o for Father's Day.

I used my Cricut to cut the guitar (Indie Art cartridge), and Dad (Base Camp cartridge).  I love that guitar!  ;)

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the foil paper with my Diamond Plate embossing folder.  I really wish CTMH didn't discontinue the foil paper.  It is way thicker than heavy duty tin foil and it holds shapes very well.  I've been kinda hoarding what stash I have left.   ;)    I just really like the masculine feel of it when paired with that embossing folder.  (Does anyone know of any other foil paper line that I don't know about?)

I also did a little stamping with my You Rock stamp set.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Random.org picks my number!  lol


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used:
Paper:  White Daisy, Black, Cranberry cardstock (CTMH)
Stamp:  You Rock (CTMH)
Inks:  Black, Versamark (CTMH)
Other:  Black brads, Clear Detail embossing powder, Craft Heater, Paper piercer, 3D foam tape (CTMH)
Provo Craft tools:  Cricut, Cricut Cartridges:  Indie Art, Base Camp; Cuttlebug, Diamond Plate embossing folder

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

It's a WONDERFUL card - I was going to comment on the foil - it's just OUTSTANDING! I can see why you're hoarding it.

Brenda said...

Hey, Vicki! I see you're hooked up on my blog - great to have you! You know, I work at Archiver's now, and the favorite metal for embossing are the QuiKutz metal sheets. They come in a package of 12 - 4"x12" sheets and are our $4.99 at our store. They work great in embossing folders, are sandable, and it is self-adhesive. Thought that might help! I agree - the CTMH sheets were nice and thick.

Anonymous said...

I am doing the great blog hop and came across your blog which is fab! lovin this card xx jo xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin