Wednesday, May 19, 2010

(UR) So Sweet Gable Box


Thought I'd post my little gable box I made this past weekend.  It's sitting empty, awaiting to be used one day.  Poor, sad little thing.  One day it will be filled with something sweet for someone special, and then it will have a purpose... and so it waits.

I saw Beate's video tutorial, and it inspired me to make my first gable box.  I've seen many gable boxes before, but for some reason, her video was what I needed to give it a try.  They are super easy and fairly quick to make.  Try one for yourself, that is if you haven't already.  You can find her video tutorial HERE, just scroll down through the instructions and you'll find the video at the bottom of the page.

~~~~~

On a side note, we had some great news in regards to house building...  our first project was to get the water well established.  It was completed yesterday, with Jacob having to dig down only 110 ft. (we were expecting more) and we have approximately 40 gallons of water per minute.  And it's softer water than what the in-town water is, although it's still hard water.  But still awesome!  I'm a happy camper!  I hope the rest of the house building related stuff goes as smoothly.  :)

~~~~~

I'm hoping to find some time to create before heading off for the long weekend.  I'm going to Edmonton to visit my sister.  I haven't seen her since last summer (for a couple of hours only) and probably almost a year before that.  She wants me to help her with scrapbooking, basically pick my brain for the weekend, so it should be fun.  Lee and Cole will bugger off during the day and do some fun stuff, like go to the West Edmonton Mall to the Waterpark and Amusement park...  and goodness knows what else those boys will find to do!  Then we'll meet up during the evenings. 

It's about a 7.5 hour drive from here, so that takes up most of 2 days for traveling, so we really only have 2 days to play, and shop of course!  ;)

So if I don't get a chance to post anything before I head out...
Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Colonial White, Chocolate CS; Cherry-O B&Ts
Stamps:  Bowl of Cherries, So Sweet
Inks:  Chocolate, Blush, Tulip, Sweet Leaf, Topiary
Embellishments:  Tulip grosgrain, Chocolate felt flower, Colonial White bigger brad
Punches:  2 1/4" circle (EK), 2 1/2" scallop circle (Marvy Uchida), Double Scallop edge (Martha Stewart), Key Tag (SU)
Other:  3D foam tape, Scor-Tape (LSS), Micro-tip scissors

3 comments:

Romaine said...

Vicki,
Thanks so much for posting the link for this! I have always wanted to make one, but had no idea where to start! I have used Splitcoast for several projects this weekend to work on projects that I have always wanted to try, but had no idea where to start. Am thrilled w/ how they all turned out!

Leana Ott said...

Great box, I hope we'll see more of these from you they're so darn cute. I like your stamp combo too! TFP!

Queen Bee said...

What a sweet gift box! It's adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin