Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hooligans Halloween Candy Corn Treat Box





I've had the Scallop Envelope die (SU) for a while now and finally played with it.  I've seen many cute boxes created with the scallop envelope, so I wanted to try one out myself. 

I created a piece to wrap around the bottom and sides of the envelopes to adhere the envelope flats onto, creating a quick and easy box.  The CS piece is 1 9/16" x 7 3/4", scored at 2 1/4" in from both ends.  The B&Ts are from the Hooligans paper pack.  Even the little creature is from one of the B&Ts.  I just cut him out, matted him with some black CS and pop-dotted him with foam tape.

I'm always surprised how little the die boxes are because the finished projects I've seen always look so much bigger.  The size of this box is approx. 3 1/4" long x 2 1/4" tall x 1 9/16" wide.  Not huge by any means, but perfect for packaging up some Halloween sweets!

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Hooligans B&Ts; Black CS
Stamps:  Tag The Occasion, Thriller (Sept. SOTM)
Inks:  Pear, Gypsy, Black
Embellishments:  Pear ribbon, Bitty sparkle, Purple chain (purse hardware by Leisurearts - LSS)
Punches:  1 1/4" circle, 1 1/2" circle (EK)
Other items:  Hole punch (EK), 3D foam tape, Scallop envelope die (SU), Micro-tip scissors, Score board (Martha Stewart)

(the bag for the candy is simply the one that I filled at the store...)

2 comments:

Carla said...

This is so cute!! I love it! (partly because candy corn is my FAVOURITE Halloween candy!!)

Tina Sutton- Missgingerdots said...

so, so cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin