Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We've Moved Set






Gosh, I started this project soooo long ago.  I think it must have been around March, maybe.  It got set aside and I finally picked it up and completed it yesterday.  Sad thing was I didn't have much left to do.  Ever have projects like that?

It was so hard to take photos of, though.  The plastic cover reflects the light so terribly, so I apologize for my not-so-great pics.

I bought some empty SU stamp cases (for their cling stamps) when they came out in one of their mini catalogs, and started on this project not long after I received them (so that may give you an idea of when I started it... lol). 

I also started my project with an SU stamp set with the little houses, but by the time I finished my set, I had purchased a similar set with houses by CTMH which I used on the front cover.

The little plastic cases are just asking to be altered.  The outside has a plastic cover that you can slide in your paper so it stays protected.  Love that.  For the inside, I created a CS insert to separate my cards into two piles so they don't slide around.  I only created 4 cards and envelopes, but could of made 6 of each as I'm sure there is room to fit them.

For the "We've moved" sentiment, I just printed it out using a font on my laptop.

The cards are 3" x 4 3/4", and the CS insert is 5" x 7 3/4", scored at 3 1/2", 3 7/8", and 4 1/4".

Hope I've given you some inspiration/ideas today.

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Sweet Home B&Ts; White Daisy, Indian Corn Blue, Black CS
Stamps:  Neighborhood, Good Neighbors (SU)
Inks:  Garnet, Black, Indian Corn Blue, Olive
Embellishments:  Colonial White paper flowers, Silver brad, Pewter mini brads
Punches:  Scallop heart (Marvy Uchida), Scallop trim edge (SU)

2 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Vicki,
I love this idea - and I've got some of those plastic cases, too! They are just perfect for storing "other brand" stamp sets! LOL Now I have another terrific use for them!

Hugs!

Leslie said...

Absolutely darling. I love seeing the card sets that you make and try to copy, but mine never come out as sweet as yours and then I don't know what to do with them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin