Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Make It From Your Heart Contest - my other winning entry













I love this layout!  I was so happy that it won!  It's my fave layout design from our new Magic book.  This layout design is called Backstage.  I changed it up a little to add a hidden journaling tag behind the middle picture on the right page.  I still have to journal on it, though.  ;)

For the big circle, I just used a plate and cut around it with my craft knife.  And for the scallop edge on the Pear cardstock, I used a template from 'One Way Mirror', also found in the new Magic book.  I just happened to have the scallop template on hand from creating that layout design once before (done with Tinkerin' B&Ts), and it was just sitting here ready for me to use.

Well, that's it for my winning entries.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to create entries for our next contest, which coincides with our Spring 2011 Idea Book.  We will be moving into our new home around that time, so I may not get to create.  But there's always next time, right?

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH):
Paper:  Hooligans B&Ts; Black, White Daisy, Pear CS
Dimensional Elements:  Solos A, C, K, O, R, S, T, Stars, On Target, Borders
Embellishments:  Sunset mini-medley accents, Pear mini-medley accents, Natural Assortment Embroidery Floss, Nature's Ambiance Rub-Ons
Other items:   Magic - Backstage, 1 1/4" circle punch, Micro-tip scissors, 3D foam tape, Craft knife


9 comments:

Lorrinda said...

Vicki, this is fabulous! I love that you've used b&w pics with this bright paper. I can see why it's a winner!

Dawnll said...

You are a rock star! I see why this was chosen.Always enjoy your inspiration, and you have such a great eye for color combos.
Hope the house is coming along well

Kelly Schelske said...

This is awesome!

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

Awesome layout! Rock on Vicki!!

Tammy said...

I can totally see how you won! This is a beautiful layout and adorable pictures! Congrats!

Carolyn said...

What a fabulous layout Vicki. This is so stunning I would love to attempt such a fantastic layout.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Dawn said...

Congratulations, Vicki! I can understand why this won! It's wonderful!

Amy Moore said...

Your artwork is always so inspiring. Congrats on the wins, you totally deserve it!

Christine Adams said...

Vicki!

Both winners are fabulous!! Dawn is right, you ARE a rock star in all of our books! :o)

Great artwork - as always!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin