Thursday, December 16, 2010

No Muss, No Fuss, Teenage Boy Christmas Card


Teenage boys are hard to buy for, aren't they?  Well, we decided to get our 16 year old nephew a 3 pack of iTunes gift cards for Christmas and instead of wrapping it up, I will place it inside of this card.

I stamped the main image and sentiment in black ink, then re-stamped them with VersaMark ink and heat embossed the images with Clear Detail embossing powder.

I then took the background stamp and inked it up in Cranberry ink, then Garnet ink on the top half, and stamped the image.  Then I did the same with Pear ink and Olive ink on the bottom half.

Simple & easy.. just the way I like it!  ;)
Besides, it'll just get thrown out anyways!

Happy creating!   :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  White Daisy cardstock
Stamps:  Holiday Trinkets, Extreme (CTMH); Extreme Elements (SU)
Inks:  Garnet, Cranberry, Pear, Olive, Black, VersaMark
Other:  Clear Detail embossing powder, Craft heater

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Great card! What a great idea to emboss-resist for that funky background.

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Love this card. Its perfect for what I'm looking for this year. I can't find the stamp set though. Can you assist? Lizardscraps@gmail..com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin