Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally using a paper doily...!


These seem to be everywhere on the blogosphere lately... paper doilies used on cards, layouts, projects.  I picked some up over a month ago at Michaels and brought them with me to the weekend retreat a couple of weeks ago.

I am doing my best to buy with intention, so here's my intent... to use them!  lol

So on my first card, I pulled out the Wings Level 2 Paper Pack and the January SOTM Find Your Style for the butterfly and Tea Time for the sentiment.  {The white lace ribbon is from Walmart.} 





Using the same card layout, I made a second card.  I used B&T paper from the Sweetheart and Miracle Level 2 paper packs.  The tea pot and cup is from Tea Time and the sentiment from a must-have set called Card Chatter - Birthday.

So, with me being me, I only used 1 doily so far -- I cut the one I used in half.  Why can't I just use it up???  I guess that comes from growing up with very little.  I learned how to stretch stuff for as long as I could.  And that's a really hard habit to break!  ;)

~~~~~~~

Which takes me to another topic...  after I move, I am planning to do a huge scrapbooking garage sale in my new crafty space.  There will be a bunch of tables set up, and I'm hoping that my sidelines and my upline will join me.  I'll spill the details once I have it all figured out.  It will likely be in May.   :)

~~~~~~~

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):

Butterfly card:
Paper:  Wings B&T; Colonial White, Black CS
Stamps:  Find Your Style, Tea Time
Inks:  Black, Juniper
Embellishments:  Black grosgrain, White lace ribbon (Walmart), Black button, Juniper waxy flax, Paper Doily (Michaels), Prisma Glitter
Punches:  2 1/4" and 2 1/2" circle punches (EK Success)
Other:  Micro-tip scissors, glue pen, 3D foam tape, 1/4" ScorTape (ScorPal)

Tea Pot card:
Paper:  Sweetheart B&T, Miracle B&T; Cotton Candy, White Daisy CS
Stamps:  Tea Time, Card Chatter - Happy Birthday
Inks:  Black, Sweet Leaf, Cotton Candy
Embellishments:  Cotton Candy Pom-pom ribbon, Paper Doily (Michaels)
Punch:  Dotted scallop border (EK Success)
Other:  Micro-tip scissors, 3D foam tape, 1/8" ScorTape (ScorPal)




4 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful cards!

Unknown said...

LOVE both cards!

Unknown said...

Love that butterfly! I like the asymetrical circles, too.

Katie H said...

I love these cards! Really pretty:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin