Thursday, April 26, 2012

CD Holder (Envelope)



I went away with a couple of girlfriends on a road trip recently.  We drove my car down to Vancouver, BC, so the girls could run for their first time in the annual 10 km Vancouver Sun Run.

I have to say, it was quite the experience to be present for it, with nearly 49,000 people participating this year.
My friends are already talking about doing it again next year, and trying their best to convince me I should run with them next time.  ;)

I brought my camera to take as many photos as I could.

After we got home, I burned the photos from our trip onto some discs, and then made these cute little holders (CD envelopes) to gift them to the girls.

 
Front view


 Back view


Back view open



I used a full 12"x12" Lucy B&T sheet to make 2 holders, by cutting it in half at 6"x12".

Scored it at 1/2" in from both sides along 6" side, and at 4" and 9" along the 12" side.

I used an SU Word Window punch to create the opening for the top part to slide into for a closure.

I honestly just winged the top part of the envelope and cut as I went until it closed properly. 

Nothing too fancy, but it totally works.  ;)


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Lucy B&T; Colonial White, Pear, Creme Brulee, Cotton Candy CS
Stamps:  Limited Edition - retired, Take a Picture - retired
Inks:  Black, Pear
Embellishments:  Sweet Leaf grosgrain, Green buttons - unknown
Dies/Punches:  Daisies Flower #2 Bigz die (SU), Sizzix Embosslits Sweetest Stem (SU); Corner rounder, Word Window punch (SU), Real Estate Sign punch (EK)
Other:  Micro-tip scissors, ScorTape (ScorPal)







1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sweet! I sure have enjoyed your posts lately. That mini-album is to die for!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin