Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sweet Cupcake card

 
 
I have been very busy lately.
 
And then sick with the flu/cold, and still feeling a bit crappy. 
Advil is my closest friend right now... along with my trusty box of kleenex.
 
And then I got a call from one of my twin daughter's, both of them are away at college right now, telling me that their Grandpa passed away yesterday.
 
So they will be flying home for the funeral.
 
Even though he's my ex-father-in-law (for about 18 years now), my heart is breaking for his wife right now, and for my daughters.  They were all pretty close.
 
 
~~~~~~~
 
 
I'd like to share something a little happier with you all....
 
 
 
 
Here's a little 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" double scrapling card I made a while back, inspired by this cutie by Georgeann Manning.
 
I used the new Pun Fun stamp set, and coloured it in with a Lagoon alcohol marker set, and because I don't yet have the Buttercup markers, I used my Blending Pen and Buttercup ink to paint the colour onto the icing. 
 
I also painted on a little Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel over top of the icing for a little shimmer.

 
Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Dotty B&T - retired; White Daisy, Buttercup CS
Stamp:  Pun Fun
Inks:  Black pigment, Buttercup, Lagoon markers
Other:  Stardust Glitz Glitter gel, Cricut Artiste cartridge, Scallop border punch (SU), 3D foam tape, paint brush, Blender pen, Clear detail embossing powder



9 comments:

Karen Day said...

Condolences to your daughters, Vicki. And get better! Especially with your girls coming home, you'll want family time.

canadian_liner said...

Sorry you're under the weather, Vicki. Glad you were feeling up to a little crafting--cute cupcake!

Casandra Bennett said...

Very pretty. Love the color combo. (Sorry for your family's loss.)

Nancy Ball said...

Sweet card, Vicki.
Sorry to hear of this family loss, I hope your daughters have a safe trip for the service.

Jeanie B said...

Yes, a very happy card. Thanks!

TINA said...

I just have to say that I am so impressed with how you are dealing with this loss! You have been an "ex" for far long enough that no one would blame you if you didn't care at all... Yet you are still caring and concerned for the family left behind. Just like your artwork, your personality is impressive as well :) Thank you for sharing.

Linda said...

That is just too cute. I missed you and glad you are back, hope you get feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and for your daughters. You bless my life with your ideas. I pray for your health.

Lorrinda said...

Sorry for your family's loss Vicki, tough week when you're not feeling well to begin with :(
Sending hugs.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin