Sunday, December 2, 2012

Display Tray... a Christmas Gift





I hate to have to place digital snowflakes over this adorable little guy's face, but he's not mine, so I just had to. 
 
Take my word for it that he is totally photogenic. 
 
I had a lot of fun taking photos of him outside earlier this fall, before the snow flew. 
 
And I'm still a beginner with my camera, trying to learn how to take proper photos, so it's fun to have a willing participant.  ;)
 
 
 
I am his daycare provider, and I made this display tray to give to his Mom and Dad for a little Christmas gifty.
 
Some inspiration for this project came from a display tray I saw that was created by the CTMH Art department.
 
These display trays are so nice and very easy to decorate, and they only cost $19.95.
 
The size of the photos and inserts for the sections of the tray are 4"x3".
 
 
 
I used papers from a retired paper pack called Dreamin', but it is currently available as a "While Supplies Last" item on my website for just $2.50!!!
(or for $4.00 with some matching Harvest Charms)
 
Also, a lot of the embellishments that I used are retired, too, but you can find some of them discounted in the While Supplies Last section, as well.
 
 
 
Happy creating!  :)
 
 
 
Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Dreamin' paper packet - retired
Stamps:  So Grateful, Save the Date - retired
Inks:  Chocolate, Saddle, Pacifica; Pacifica alcohol markers
Embellishments:  Noted Canvas Shapes, Neutral Baker's Twine, Neutral Embroidery Floss, Antique Copper Brad, Wooden Buttons, Olive Button, Color-Ready Garden Accents, Lucky L2 Chipboard Accents - retired, Milepost Shapes, DE Notable Alphabet, DE Chipboard Shapes from past You & Me kit - retired, Just Blooms Autumn Leaves - retired, Holly Leaves Fall (Prima)
Other:  Sponge, Liquid Glass, Paper piercer, Needle
 
 

10 comments:

Amy Moore said...

Your tray is super cute! What a great gift idea!

Beate said...

What a gorgeous altered tray and wonderful gift. I just recently altered a 6" x 6" tray, originally as a gift. But now I don't know if I can part with it. LOL
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs and smiles

Linda Pekrul said...

What a lovely gift! I love how bright and happy the colours are. You've done a beautiful job!

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Love "Dreamin" and the chip board you used. Great idea!

Lorrinda said...

This is beautiful Vicki! Such a thoughtful gift, I'm sure they will love it.

Tamytha said...

This is beautiful! It's also a great way to use up those little odds n end embellishment pieces left over from other projects. And I agree, great color!

Nancy Ball said...

This is GORGEOUS Vicki. You did a wonderful job and incorporated the paper well with the pics.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow, what a fabulous gift! Not only do you care for their sweet child but you treasure these memories! They are very lucky!!

Hilary Polzer said...

Beautiful as always, Vicki! What a wonderful thoughtful gift.

Bananastamper said...

What a fantastic gift! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin