Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Switching to Bloglovin'



Well, I'm sure by now you have heard that my/our beloved Google Reader will be shutting down by July 1st.

I've already been noticing some issues with Google Reader over the past month, so today I decided it was the right time to take the plunge and make the change.

I was going back and forth in between switching to Bloglovin' or Feedly, but I do believe (at least for now) that I will be using Bloglovin'.  (I am going to check out Feedly a little more, too, just to make sure I have the one most suitable to my personal needs.)

But for now, Bloglovin' it is!


So if you wish to, you can...



♥♥♥



Edited to add:  I had a question come up and thought I would add it and my reply here, too.

Q:  Would you mind sharing why you selected this as opposed the other or Word Press? I haven't been able to add to my blogspot BB for months and never even got notice, but am not surprised based on whacko error msgs.

A:  I just had lasik surgery on my eyes on Thursday, so I will have to try to keep my reply short as I can't see very well yet.  I chose Bloglovin' because after doing a lot of reading up on the topic, it seemed the most similar to Google Reader in the way that I like to use my reader.

I really am going to miss Google Reader, as I haven't found anything as good.  I will be checking out Feedly as well, so I can see if I like it better.  But for now I will be using Bloglovin'.  There are other readers out there, but these two are the ones I am hearing the most chatter about online.

If you are worried about making a wrong choice, you don't have to be.  You can change your reader anytime you want to by simply joining it.  I have uploaded my blogs I follow into both Feedly and Bloglovin', and it can still access Google Reader until it shuts down.  So no worries.

I hope this helps answer your question at least a little.


3 comments:

Jeanie B said...

I'm using Feedly and like it except I havent figured out how to search for things I've saved. Ill have to check out bloglovin. I'm going to miss google reader.

MKPstamps said...

Would you mind sharing why you selected this as opposed the other or Word Press? I haven't been able to add to my blogspot BB for months and never even got notice, but am not surprised based on whacko error msgs.

Vicki Wizniuk said...

I just had lasik surgery on my eyes on Thursday, so I will have to try to keep my reply short as I can't see very well yet. I chose Bloglovin' because after doing a lot of reading up on the topic, it seemed the most similar to Google Reader in the way that I liked to use my reader.

I really am going to miss Google Reader, as I haven't found anything as good. I will be checking out Feedly as well, so I can see if I like it better. But for now I will be using Bloglovin'. There are other readers out there, but these two are the ones I am hearing the most chatter about online.

If you are worried about making a wrong choice, you don't have to be. You can change your reader anytime you want to by simply joining it. I have uploaded my blogs I follow into both Feedly and Bloglovin', and it can still access Google Reader until it shuts down. So no worries.

I hope this helps answer your question at least a little.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin