Friday, December 6, 2013

A Little Down-Time...

Just spending a little down-time today.  And the crazy cold weather makes it easy to do that today.  Extreme windchill warnings in the area doesn't make me want to go anywhere anyways.  ;)
{In case you are curious, it is -34 degrees Celcius with the windchill at -37 degrees Celcius, and it's sunny out right now... lol.}

I had what they call "enhancement" lasik surgery on my left eye yesterday, so I'm taking it easy allowing for some healing time.  To be more specific, I had my left eye changed from close-up vision to being able to see distance, to match my other eye.

They thought they were doing me a favor last April with my initial PMK Lasik surgery by fixing my one eye for distance and my other for close-up.  In theory it is to help prevent having to use reading glasses, since I am in that age group now.  I had heard that it works great for some people, so that is what I end up choosing as an option.

Lets just say that 7 months later, I had it changed yesterday.  It did not work for me at all.  I had blurred vision all the time in my left eye.  Even though it was corrected for what they wanted to do, my brain just couldn't make it work.  So I was happy to get it re-done yesterday.  I already see much clearer today.

Recovery time is slow and steady, though.

And I bought a pair of reading glasses yesterday, because I know I'll be needing those little suckers very soon.  :)

4 comments:

Paige said...

So if reading & cardmaking are out for a few days... I say grab a mug of hot chocolate, a lap quilt, and watch episodes of Storage Wars all day :o) Hope you heal fast!

Karen Day said...

Sigh. Didn't realize my daughter was signed in... that last comment was from me!

d.a.koland said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery on this "enhancement." I appreciate your sharing this little story. Nearly ten years ago I was faced with the same decision you were with the Lasix. It was such a tough decision at the time. I went ahead and had both eyes done for distance because I was SO near-sighted. At the time, I was already wearing "readers," so I decided it would be nice to see everything else without having to wear contact lenses and if I still had to wear readers that was okay. I'm glad I made that choice, and your story reinforces it for me. Prayers and best wishes that this works well for you too.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Vicki - I'm thankful that you can change your mind! What miracles we can do with medicine these days! I am sure I couldn't adjust to one near one far - it just sounds awful - but I know several people who have. I"m sending up prayer that your healing will be speedy and complete! I'm not "in love" with my reading glasses, but they aren't that bad! Hugs!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin