Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Coolin' Off in Disney World...



We flew in to Orlando a day early before Convention and spent part of the day getting our bearings around the resort, and then cooled off in one of the pools before heading out for supper.

This pool was right outside our complex (there were two smaller pools and one large one), and with the afternoon temperatures usually around 33 degrees C (and humidity levels around 44 degrees C), we definitely used the pool a lot on our vacay!




For this layout, I used papers from a previous CTMH special called Dream Pop, which is full of fun & bright patterns and papers, including embossed patterned cardstocks.

I added a little bit of Outdoor Denim to tone the brightness down a little, you know, for the boys.  Giggle.


I had a hard time taking a photo straight on because it was picking up the glare from my lights.
I'm so gonna invest in some better lighting options....

At least the photos below will show the colors off a bit better.




I cut the sunshine shape with my Cricut Artbooking cartridge and then painted some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel over top.  And then I added some Outdoor Denim bitty brads for the eyes.  Just a touch of whimsy.





Well, that's it for today.


I've been working on a Hip Pics mini album for the tween girl that went on the trip with us.

I will share it with you once I have it completed.


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Dream Pop papers and cardstock - retired; White Daisy, Outdoor Denim, Creme Brulee CS
Stamps:  Hip Pics album stamp set - retired, Save the Date - retired
Inks:  Outdoor Denim, Cotton Candy, Versamark
Embellishments:  ProPlayer Assortment, Outdoor Denim bitty brads - retired, Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel - retired
Other:  Cricut Artbooking cartridge, Reflections, Paint brush (other), Scallop Photo Corners punch (EK), Clear Detail embossing powder, Black journal pen



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin