Sunday, February 2, 2014

Minion Valentine



Okay, so I've seen so many Minion cards and I just had to jump on that bandwagon and give one a try myself!

I thought I'd make a Valentine's card for Cole, and this is what I came up with.




OMG, isn't he just the cutest!!!

I love those little Minions.


The Minion started out as a 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" piece of Honey cardstock.
I used a circular container to draw the rounded shape on each corner and hand-cut them out with my scissors.

I hand-cut the overalls out of Indian Corn Blue cardstock.
Then I stamped the pattern onto his overalls in Outdoor Denim ink, using an old retired SU background stamp called Canvas.
The larger pocket I just hand-cut and then sponged the outer edges with Outdoor Denim ink.
I drew the smaller pockets, shoulder straps, and pocket pattern on with my black journal pen.
The shoulder strap buttons were made with the smallest circles from the SU Owl punch.

For the mouth, I rough cut a shape out of Black cardstock, then used the Scallop Border punch and White Daisy cardstock to create the teeth, cutting each tooth off the row and gluing them onto the mouth shape.
I trimmed off the excess overhang from the teeth and lightly sponged a little Outdoor Denim ink onto the outer edges.

For his goggles, I used some silvery cardstock from my stash and punched a 1" circle and then using a 1 1/4" circle, I went over top of the first circle and did my best to line them up, and punched.
I made two of those and lightly sponged some Chocolate ink onto the outer edges.
The black strips for the goggles are 1/2" wide, and I cut two of those at 1" long.

For the eyes, I punched a 1 1/4" circle out of White Daisy cardstock.
Then I punched a 3/4" circle out of Chocolate cardstock.
And lastly, I punched a 1/4" circle out of Black cardstock.
I sponged a little Chocolate ink onto the outer edges of the brown circles.
And then added a little white dot to the pupils using a White Chalk Marker.

I hand-cut the glove and the hair out of Black cardstock.

 And for the heart I simply used a punch and used some 3D foam tape to pop it up a little.


I hope you like him as much as I do... banana!




Happy creating!  :)










6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is soooo cute!

Lauren said...

Oh wow, you are so clever! It is adorable, love how you stamped the overalls.

Nancy Ball said...

So cute and love the video, too.

Christine Adams said...

That is SO cute!!! But oh my, sounds like you poured your heart and soul into making him! I a lot of work, but oh my I love the results! You are SO talented, girl!

Katy said...

Sooooo ADORABLE!!!! I can't believe you hand-cut the overalls...wait, you're Vick W...I guess I CAN BELIEVE you hand-cut the overalls!

Sheila Bennett said...

Absolutely adorable!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin