Tuesday, July 1, 2014

You've Got A Friend Cards




I haven't been crafty much lately, mostly because I've been going through physio for tennis elbow on my right arm (again) and have been in a lot of  pain/discomfort.  And I am right-handed, so...

But I got a little inky yesterday...



 (Inspired by this one by Cindy Shuster)





For the backgrounds, I used some overlays (SU) and sponged black ink over top of my Kraft cardstock.


{If you don't have any overlays, you can always create your own using the Cricut Artbooking cartridge.

I even made one once using a doily or snowflake shape (can't remember which right now) from the Artiste cartridge and cut it out from a sheet of acetate so it could be reusable.}


I stamped the images with Versamark ink, then right into the Black ink and stamped it onto White Daisy cardstock.  I sprinkled Clear Embossing powder over top and heat set.

After that, I simply colored the images with Copics.

For the stars, I colored onto scrap pieces of cardstock and then just used a star punch.






I love how the images pop!



I also did a little housework yesterday, and between that and inking my backgrounds, my arm is pretty sore and achy today.  It is sooooo hard to do nothing!

I am heading off this week to go visit my sister... a girl's trip, so the boys are staying home.
So I won't have anything to post until I get back home.



Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Kraft, White Daisy CS
Stamp:  You've Got a Friend - May SOTM
Inks:  Black, Versamark
Copic Markers:  Buttercup Yellow, Golden Yellow, Chrome Orange, Aqua
Embellishment:  Lagoon Baker's Twine
Other:  3D foam tape, Micro-tip Scissors, Star Punch (other), Clear embossing powder










5 comments:

Julie said...

I love the colours!! Very nice!!

Stacy said...

These are fabulous. I will certainly be rethinking those stamps. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kathy said...

Wow...love the cards and seeing new techniques to make your own patterned paper. Thanks for sharing Vicki.

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Hi Vicki. Thoughts and prayers are with you! I've been dealing with neck/shoulder/left arm---which the Physical Therapist discovered is actually coming from my right side scar (gall bladder and hysterectomy!)Myofascial tissue goes from that side---across to the left shoulder...?! I've finally gotten some relief-hope you will, too. I KNOW the girls trip will help! Blessings, Sharon

Deanne J said...

Such cute cards

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin