Sunday, September 7, 2014

Chalk It Up... a Sweet Cherry Inkers' Team Challenge!



Before I share my cards with you today, I just want to take a moment to thank you for the kind words on my previous post.  Brought tears to my eyes.  ;)


~~~~~~~


As a Close To My Heart Consultant, I am part of a team and our group has a private Facebook page.

Angela Fehr, one of our team members from Sweet Cherry Inkers, began a new monthly challenge for the members of our group.

This month, the theme is Chalk It Up, where she asks us to create anything we want that is inspired by chalk art.  (We can earn extra points by using Chalk It Up papers and the September stamp of the month - which I don't have yet.)


So this is what I created, taking the chalk art idea even further...








It may not be very noticeable in the picture, but the little pumpkin is opaque in the above card.  I achieved that effect by using my blender pen and painting White Daisy pigment ink onto the pumpkin.  It gives it a ghosting type of look.







After the images were stamped with White Daisy pigment ink, I sprinkled clear embossing powder over top and heat set them.  Then I took a sponge and lightly rubbed White Daisy pigment ink randomly over top (for both cards) to give them both the look of a used chalkboard.


Super cute, hey?



Happy creating!  :)




Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):

Happy Halloween card:
Paper:  Chalk It Up; Black, White Daisy CS
Stamps:  What A Hoot! - Aug SOTM, Stitch Wonder, Card Word Puzzle - retired, Save the Date - retired
Inks:  Black, White Daisy pigment
Embellishment:  Chalk It Up Assortment
Other:  Micro-tip scissors, Blender pen, 3D foam tape, Clear detail embossing powder, Corner Chomper (WRMK), Sponge


Life Is Wonderful card:
Paper:  Chalk It Up; Black, White Daisy CS
Stamps:  Life Is Wonderful - upcoming July SOTM, Stitch Wonder
Inks:  Black, White Daisy pigment
Embellishment:  Chalk It Up Assortment
Other:  Micro-tip scissors, 3D foam tape, Clear detail embossing powder, Sponge






3 comments:

Jayma Malme said...

Super super cute! Love how you rubbed some white daisy ink after to give the used chalkboard look.

Katy said...

LOVE the chalkboard effect!!!

Lynn D said...

Super cute indeed!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin