Friday, February 20, 2015

A Celebration - Circle Treat Box



Ok, so admittedly I have quite a few photos sitting on my laptop of past projects I've made but haven't shared yet.

Here is one of those projects.





The original idea that I came across for using a large circle to create a box was from Andrea Walford, but I discovered that none of the links were working anymore, so I can't link up to the original instructions.

So I took out my ruler and my treat holder, wrote down the basic scoring measurements, and made up my own instructions to share with you.



Circle Treat Box

  • Cut a 8 1/2" circle out of cardstock
  • Score the circle at 5" and 5 1/2"
  • Turn circle and score at 1 5/8", 2 1/8", 6 3/8", 6 7/8" (Tip: I used a ruler to make sure it was square before I scored these lines)
  • Fold on all score lines using a bone folder to get a nice crisp fold
  • Use your scissors to trim off the pieces (shown in photo below)
  • Adhere sides of box together






Happy creating!  :)




Supplies used are all CTMH (unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Lollydoodle - retired; White Daisy, Black, Lagoon CS
Stamp:  Big Top
Inks:  Black, Sunset, Lagoon, Whisper
Markers: Lagoon, Sunset - both retired
Embellishments:  Aqua Dots
Punches:  Large Oval (SU), 5/8" circle (EK), Scallop Border
Other:  Circle cutter (MS), Micro-tip scissors, bone folder, 3D foam tape







3 comments:

Terri said...

This is adorable. It reminds me of Disney World. They have the new section that is a Circus Theme.

Casandra Bennett said...

Such a happy party favor. Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

I have looked at that stamp set so many times...I really wish that I had a little person to make these for!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin