Sunday, April 17, 2016

Smile! Life In Pictures Sticky Notes



I saw a picture on Facebook posted by fellow CTMH Consultant, Amy McGrew, where she made a bunch of these sticky note holders for her team gathering, and I was inspired to re-create them, of course with my own little twists.  ;)

Thanks for the inspiration, Amy!







They are super cute, and I love the way the Life In Pictures Stamp of the Month set shines in this simple and fun creation!  This is definitely one of my favourite SOTM sets ever!

Amy had cut her notepad holders using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge (page 60).

So I did the same, but the dimensions were too thick to my liking, so I measured it up to make the thickness more to what I wanted and cut my own out of cardstock.


Instructions (on the way I made mine):

  • I cut a piece of coloured cardstock to 3 1/4" x 8 3/8".
  • I scored it at 3 1/4", 3 1/2", 6 3/4" and 7".
  • Then I took the Artiste Cricut Cartridge piece of cardstock and used it as a template to trace the scroll/bracket shaped end onto my piece of cardstock (trace it on the end with the shorter side after it has been scored.)  Then trim it out with your scissors.
  • Use a bone folder to fold your score lines.
  • Stamp a 2 7/8" square piece of White Daisy cardstock with the camera images from the Life In Pictures stamp of the month stamp set, in Black ink.
  • Mat it with a 3 1/8" square piece of Black cardstock.
  • Stamp Smile! across a 1/2" x 3 1/4" piece of White Daisy cardstock, and adhere it 1/4" from the top fold score line above the scroll/bracket shaped end.
  • Cut a piece of Black Shimmer trim in half and to 3 1/4" length.  Attach it just below the Smile! cardstock piece.
  • Add a Clear Sparkle.
  • Adhere a 3"x3" sticky note pad inside.
  • Add a velcro dot on the front for a closure.  


Life in Pictures is only available until April 30th,
either at the full retail price of $21.25 or just $6 with a $50 order.





Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used are all CTMH (unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Black, White Daisy, Glacier, Canary, Smoothie CS
Stamp:  Life In Pictures - April SOTM
Ink:  Black
Embellishments:  Black Shimmer Trim, Clear Sparkles
Other:  Artiste Cricut Cartridge, Micro-tip Scissors, Velcro (other), 3x3 Sticky Notes (other)







2 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

Adorable!! And thanks for the reminder about creating these post-it note covers. I've made them in the past but forgot how cute they are.

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Ha! It must be post-it note season, I brought some out last week to give a whirl.
Really cute twist, Vicki.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin