Thursday, April 28, 2016

Thinking of You Fancy Fold Card



I saw a Fancy Fold Flip Card on Pinterest done by Paula Knall and watched her how-to video to make one myself.









Kind of fun, hey?


~~~~~~~


On a side note, my sister has recently come up with a fundraising idea for her church, where she is going to sell cards and donate all the money she raises.

So I donated 5 shoebox containers stuffed full of past cards I have made.
(Boy, that made her happy!  She can get started on it right away.)

And in doing this, it has reignited my passion for card making.  Over the past couple of years, I had started making cards more so for what I needed instead of whatever I felt like, mostly because I was getting such a huge pile of cards that I didn't know what to do with.  

So win, win!

I am now creating a lot more again, and this time the majority of what I make, I will to donate to her cause.  :)



Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used are all CTMH:
Paper:  Canary Paper Fundamentals; White Daisy CS
Ink:  Black
Embellishments:  Clear Sparkles, White Shimmer Trim, White and Yellow Just Blooms - retired
Other:  Watercolor paint, 3D foam tape



3 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

Having someplace to donate excess cards was my favorite thing about Operation Write Home. Now that they are in hibernation mode, I've been sending more myself, but there's still an excess piling up. I'm sure your donations will be big sellers!!

Carolyn Anne Weiss said...

Lovely card. I also donate my excess cards (as well as make some specially) for my sister's church. They use the funds raised for their welfare program - food parcels for desperate families etc. It's a good incentive to make 2 or 3 of each design instead of just one.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wish I could attend her fund raiser - I'd love to buy some of your cards!!! This fancy fold one is very cool, for example! Hugs!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin