Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Autumn Splendor... a brayered card


Thanks to Lourae Minor, a fellow CTMH sistah, I pulled out my brayer and inked it up again. Lately I have only been using it to make sure my C/S is sticking to my Cricut mat before cutting. The tree skeleton stamp is an old wooden one by Rubber Stampede that I have. I brayered my card before thinking about masking for a moon, so I ended up doing it the harder way... I cut a 2" circle, sponged the ink onto it, stamped the trees in second gereration stamping and then stamped on the sentiment. I'm pretty good a forgetting stuff and then figuring out how to make it work anyway... LOL.

What I used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Autumn Splendor stamp set
Winter Woods stamp (Rubber Stampede)
Cappuccino Delight (Kaleidacolor rainbow stamp pad)
Black ink
Black Brads
Autumn Leaves
Black and Colonial White C/S
2" Fiskars circle punch
Sponge

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Gorgeous, as always!!!

Tiff said...

This card is setting the mood for some hot apple cider!!! Love it! That sky is breathtakingly beautiful!

Kim Burmeister said...

Very pretty! I want to try one of these cards, but I am not very good with a brayer. Thank for the inkspiration!

Ava said...

Hey Vicki
thanks for leaving me a message :)
I've been swamped with my little 'jobby' that's turning into a full time 'job', traveling to California w my DH, prepping for youngest DD's Sr. Homecoming Dance (and the entire week leading up to it), SCRAPpink at the store, and a Crop for the Cure, where I taught held two workshops. That hasn't left much time for personal creating, blogging or blog-surfing. I've barely managed to keep the family fed so we don't starve, laundry washed so we don't stink, and house'clean enough' so we don't get sick! LOL But I'm touched that you noticed I've been AWOL on the BB, and terribly neglectful of my blog. Now that I have a day or two to catch my breath, I will do my bestest to put a little somethin new in the blogosphere :) I see you've been busy with your magnificent artwork and I do so enjoy seeing it and telling you how much I love it :)
*inky hugs* Ava

Vicki Wizniuk said...

Ava, so happy to hear all is well. I know, life does get pretty busy! ;o)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin