Thursday, August 20, 2009

Birthday card for Lloyd (FIL) using Mojo Monday 100 Teresa sketch







This Saturday is my Father-in-law's birthday, so I made this card for him using the Mojo Monday turns 100 sketch by Teresa.

I knew I wanted to try the faux leather (wallets) I've seen, but I don't have any UTEE, so I gave it a shot with 2 coats of Clear Embossing Powder. It worked okay; the second photo kinda pics up the light to show it better, although you might have to click on it to get a better view.

I used my Nestabilites for the oval by cutting it out and using the scrap piece as a mask.

Happy Birthday, Lloyd! (...and many more...)

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): Intrinsic Backgrounds and Happy Birthday stamp sets; Angler stamp set (SU); Crystal Blue, Star Spangled Blue, Bamboo and White Daisy cardstock; Chocolate Chip cardstock (SU); Chocolate, Crystal Blue, Star Spangled Blue and Moonstruck inks; Chocolate Chip ink (SU); Antiqued Copper brads; Natural Hemp; Clear Detail embossing powder; Cornice edge punch (Martha Stewart); Nestabilities Classic Oval Large die (Spellbinders); make-up sponges (other).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous yet masculine.

Leslie said...

Wow, there is a lot of depth to this card. I feel like I am looking out at a pond from a deck up in the mountains.

Sarah said...

WOW this looks almost 3D!!! It is stunning Vicki.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Thank you for always sharing. Know that your work is my inspiration :)

v

Katy said...

This is GORGEOUS and very masculine!!! LOVE it!!!

Becky Sorensen said...

Very nice. Love the work on this card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin