Friday, August 21, 2009

Made myself a little gift for my birthday...


Well, I've reached a milestone birthday today. Yes, I'm the big 4-0 now! Honestly, I don't feel any different than I did yesterday... lol

I received a book for my birthday from my BFF, and my family and I are heading out for a little vacation, so I thought I'd bring my book. Because I don't tend to read a whole pile (well, anything other than scrapbooking magazines and such) and don't have any bookmarks for myself, I thought I'd make one that I'd enjoy looking at evertime I open my book. I think it turned out pretty cute!

I think I might have to make some as back-to-school gifts for my son and my friends' kids when I get back.

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): Twitterpated stamp set that comes in the WOTG kit, Classmate Alphabet stamp set; Twitterpated B&Ts; Sorbet, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Chocolate and Topiary inks; White Daisy cardstock; Sorbet ribbon; Clear Embossing Powder; Nestabilities Labels One die (Spellbinders); Sewing machine stitching with white thread (Kenmore).

15 comments:

Alanna said...

Happy birthday Vicki. I hope your day is great and that your vacation is wonderful.

I love your bookmark. That mushroom is so cute.

Unknown said...

So cute! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Dawn said...

Happy birthday, Vicki! I hope you have a good time on your trip!

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day and vacation.

Leslie said...

Hope you have a very special & happy birthday.

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Vicki! I passed that milestone 3 years ago.
Have a wonderful vacation.
LOVE that bookmark!

Kandi said...

Happy Birthday Vicki! I hope you have a nice little trip with your family and get lots of scrapbooking photos :)

Love that cute bookmark. I keep thinking I need one for myself as well. I'm like you and pretty rarely pick up a book, but I should have a cute bookmark just in case, lol.

Meredith said...

Happy Birthday!! This is a great bookmark! Enjoy your book!

scrappernic said...

Too cute! Happy Birthday! I hope you had a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Love the bookmark! Hope you have a great birthday and the big 4-0 is NOTHING compared to the big 5-0! LOL

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Happy Birthday!

Bren Yule said...

Happy Birthday Vicki! Eat a cupcake for me!

Zgirl said...

Happy Birthday. Super cute--love that mushroom. Naz

Danderella said...

Love your bookmark. Happy Birthday.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin