Friday, October 23, 2009

Feathery {snow} Flakes card...


I decided it was time to try a card on my own without getting inspiration from someone's blog for a change... lol It feels like it's been a long while since I've created something from scratch using my very own MOJO, and it feels good, real good... good like the sweet smell of cookies baking, kinda good! YU-MMY! Oh, yeah, I think I've lost a sprocket somewhere!

But seriously, I had some fun creating this card. I tried to ruffle up my ribbon by stitching a straight stitch along the top edge and pulling the thread to gather it up. I don't think I've done that since high-school sewing class... did I mention I turned 40 this year??? So, it's been quite a while, if you get my {snow} drift. Haha, I think I'm in a weird, need-some-coffee-or-chocolate kind of mood. Definitely a sign of sugar deprivation... Please bear with me, I'll get to the point eventually... ;)

Also, if you look closely, you'll also see some glitter on the punched snowflakes. Gotta have the sparkle! Hope y'all like it!

Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted): Feathery Flakes, Argyle Backgrounds, Tiny Typewriter Alphabet, and Festive Thoughts stamp sets; Juniper, Twilight, Black, Colonial White and Bamboo CS; Black, Juniper, Twilight and Bamboo inks; Colonial White button; Juniper waxy flax; Colonial White organdy; Adhesive pearls; Glitter (other); Bonding Memories glue pen; Punches: small snowflake (Martha Stewart), and Mega snowflake (Marvy Uchida); Paper crimper (dollar store); 3D foam tape (other); make-up sponge (other).

3 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely card!

Unknown said...

Vicki,
I adore it! Absolutely gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful. Your mojo is definitely mojo=ing! There you go again with that awesome color combo. All of your posts today are to die for!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin