Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Spring... {Stamping Royalty Challenge #10}


This time it's a GREEN challenge over at the Stampin' Royalty blog. 

I didn't have any stamps related to St. Patty's day, so I decided to make a fun pinwheel card.  I sanded the base cardstock to give it a soft, cool effect.

For the pinwheel, I started with a 3x3 piece of double sided B&T, then marked my centerpoint with a pencil.  I drew light pencil lines from the outer corners towards the centerpoint to approximately 3/4" from the most centerpoint, then cut along the lines with scissors.  The next step is to use a paper piercer or a 1/16" hole punch to make holes on every other point, fold them in and fasten with a brad.  I also like to add a punched circle piece to hide the ends.  Easy, peasy.  ;)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Topiary, Ponderosa Pine, Colonial White CS; B&T from Emporium
Stamps:  Springtime, Simple Stitches, Legendary Moments
Inks:  Topiary, Ponderosa Pine
Embellishments: New England Ivy brad, Wilton Lollipop stick (LSS)
Punches:  1/2" circle punch (SU), 1/16" hole punch (Fiskars)
Tools:  Micro-tip scissors, ruler, pencil
Adhesive:  Tombo Mono Multi (LSS), 3D foam tape (dollar store)

4 comments:

Sabriena Satchwell said...

What great idea! I would have never thought of attaching a pinwheel to the front of a card. I guess you will need to use some of the SU padded sweet treat envelopes to mail this card to anyone. ;-)
As always thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty.

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

hilarious! I just made a pinwheel for the first time lastnight:) I love your card... now I have an idea of what to do with that pinwheel on my desk! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

savvy teaching tips said...

Great job on the challenge. I love your card, especially the pinwheel. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.

Irene said...

what a great idea!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin