Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Burnishing... a card for the Troops


Many of you know of or have likely come across the path of Janine Tinklenberg (aka Jan Tink).  She has a wicked sense of humour, and I mean wicked in a good sense... lol 

Anywho, she posted a tutorial on "burnishing" on her blog (yay, finally!), that I'd been (im)patiently waiting for and I (finally) got to try it out.  Easy, and the end product is pretty... gotta love that!  You can check out her awesomeness HERE.

I mailed this card out yesterday to a lady named Mary who is collecting Cards for Troops, so I intentionally made this card as flat as possible, adding a thin ribbon only.

Someone's wife, girlfriend, sister or mother will recieve this card from a loved one far away... and it honestly warms my heart.  :)

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  White Daisy, Hollyhock CS; Zippidee B&T
Stamps:  You Are Beautiful, Happy Birthday
Inks:  Black, Hollyhock, Sorbet, Creme Brulee, Garden Green, Chocolate
Embellishement:  Sorbet dashed ribbon
Punch:  Scallop edge (SU)
Other:  Sponge daubers

2 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wow Vicki, this is a beautiful card! I love the things you've made with this stamp set - but then, I love everything you make! Truly!

Nice.

Cheryl said...

I found your blog on the Clips-N-Cuts blog hop when I was poking about.

I love this card! I am off to check out the tutorial. Thank you.


Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin