Thursday, August 5, 2010

What Happened?







Wow, I find this layout to be busy, but boys tend to be busy, don't they???

With Cole turning 10, I find myself reflecting more on life lately.  Here's my journaling in case it's hard to read:

"What happened to my baby?  Where did he go?  I swear he was just here not too long ago.  Now you are getting so big and there's not even a little ounce of baby left in you.  As parents, we are always told how fast our children will grow, and to make sure we treasure life's littlest moments.  Even though we were warned, we tend to get caught up more in each milestone you reach as you grow, and seem to always look forward to the next one, sometimes forgetting to pause... just for a while.  Now you have turned 10 and I wish I could go back to enjoy more of the little moments with you.  Lesson learned."

I also included a quote from Robert Munch:  "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."



I am going to submit this layout to our local Fall Fair in the Scrapbooking category for Journaling.  (Along with a bunch of other items in different categories.)  I plan on entering my work in most every category this year. 


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used:
Paper:  Paper Crush 12x12 Scrap Pack (Colorbok), Chocolate Chip CS (SU), White Daisy CS (CTMH)
Stamp:  Save The Date (CTMH)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip (SU)
Embellishments:  Paper Crush Varnish Icon Chipboard Stickers (Colorbok), Heidi L Black rub-ons (Making Memories), 5/8" Brown/white Sidesaddle grosgrain (Walmart)
Punches:  XL Double Cogs (SU), Circles - 1 3/8" (SU), 1 1/2", 2 1/4", 2 1/2" (all EK)
Other items:  Base Camp Cartridge and Cricut (Provo Craft), Pinking Shears (Singer), 3D foam tape (dollar store)

Note:  (The Colorbok paper I used is very likely not available. I purchased it at least a couple of years ago at Zellers.)

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Vicki, this layout brought tears to my eyes. When my son hit 21 this year, I found great reason to pause. I absolutely love that you've made this layout "busy." So it should be! Good luck on all your entries and be sure to post what you've done!
Check out http://betterscrap.com. I would love to see you some of our challenges there. Not only do we have good prizes, but this is the type of scrapping we will be doing.

Dawnll said...

Oh yea I am with Brenda. I am all teared up now. Nothing like watching our little boys grow up. Wait till you get to the ma stage. My Sons are my pride and joys and so is my daughter. It is funny how each relationship is different.
I LOVE the fun colors and all the activity on the page to show his personality. Great job sweetie!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Awesome!!! This is an awesome layout - your journaling is wonderful and it's a winner already!

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin