Don't you love quick? I do! This card took no time at all... okay, a little time. But seriously not much. Honest. ;)
I was completely inspired by this flower card on Brandi Wiggins-Cote's blog.
How'd I make it? Here's my long-winded explanation... might look/sound like lots of work, but it's quick, just takes a lot of typing for each step... lol
- My card front is Sky CS cut to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The white CS is 4" x 5 1/4".
- I used my circle Coluzzle cutting template to cut a 3" circle out of a scrap piece of CS; set the circle aside and used just the mask template I created.
- Then while holding the mask in position over the white CS where I wanted my image to be in the lower left corner, I stamped the deer image. I inked the stamp first in VersaMark ink, then directly into my Chocolate ink, then stamped the image centering it in the hole of my mask.
- I then heat embossed the image with Clear Detail embossing powder.
- My next step was to sponge Sky ink onto the open circle area of my mask, directly over the reindeer image until I had nice, even coverage. (You can wipe off any excess ink you may have from your stamped image because it is embossed. It also seals in the main image's colour so you don't alter the colour by sponging another colour over top of it.)
- After that, I inked up the sentiment in VersaMark and Chocolate ink, stamped it and then clear embossed it, too.
- I then stamped the snowflakes in the upper right corner in Sky ink by inking them up, stamping them once onto scrap paper and then onto my card. That kept the ink light enough to better match the blue of my sponged circle.
- Lastly, I added a bitty red sparkle to the reindeer's nose, and two clear sparkles to the center of each of the snowflakes.
- Then I just glued the white CS onto the Sky CS, centering it, and adhered my card front onto a white CS base.
This week over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog, the challenge is embossing, so this is my entry for over there... Play along. I'd love to see what you create!
Happy creating! :)
Supplies used all CTMH:
Paper: Sky, White Daisy CS
Stamps: Peace On Earth, I Believe
Inks: VersaMark, Sky, Chocolate
Embellishments: Red and Clear sparkles
Other items: Clear Detail embossing powder, Sponge, Circle Coluzzle (retired), Craft Heater