Wednesday, December 8, 2010

H2H Challenge - It's Gift Week!






This week over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog, the challenge is to create a gift.

"We are focusing on gift items - NO cards! We want to see what you can create or dress up as a small gift for someone this holiday season."

So this is what I came up with.  I started with one 12x12 sheet each of Cranberry and Colonial White cardstock, and with some handy-dandy scoring, I came up with a box to fit a mug. 

Then I just pulled out some striped Mistletoe B&T, and a scallop border punch and created a simple strip to wrap around the Cranberry lid.  Too plain to leave it that way... so I cut 5 strips of Creative Basics Mistletoe B&T at 1x12, glued them end to end, and did a simple pleat fold, tacking them with a little glue in each of the center creases.  After I glued that onto my striped B&T, I sewed some buttons onto just the front section with some red/white twine.

For the tag, I used the A Sip stamp set and Holiday Trinkets stamp set for the Merry Christmas.

I love how it turned out.  Adorable!

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Mistletoe, Creative Basics Mistletoe B&Ts; Cranberry, Colonial White, New England Ivy CS
Stamps:  A Sip, Holiday Trinkets
Inks:  Cranberry, Garnet, Olive, New England Ivy, Black
Embellishments:  Olive grosgrain, Colonial White buttons, Red and Green buttons (Autumn Leaves)
Other items:  Paper piercer, Floss needle, 1 1/4" circle punch, Scallop border punch (SU), Red/White twine (The Twinery)

7 comments:

Romaine said...

Vicki, this is darling! Sadly, I have "misplaced" the "you warm my heart" stamp from this set and it has not turned up! :0(

Tina said...

Stunning gift Vicki. What a wonderful way to use this stamp set :)

Unknown said...

how adorable!

Becky B. said...

I LOVE this!! Very, very cute!!

Andrea Ewen said...

How wonderfully creative! An excellent gift idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Heart 2 Heart challenges!

Deneen said...

Great box, I love how you're able to make the CS fit your gift. Thanks for playing along with H2H.

Paper doll said...

Oh my this is fabulous!! Awesome way to give a gift. Thanks for sharing with H2H!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin