Saturday, January 15, 2011

January CTMH Spotlight Blog Hop


Welcome to the Close To My Heart January Spotlight Blog Hop! You should have arrived from Jill's blog.  But this is a circular hop, so it doesn't matter where you begin. ;)

This month we are spotlighting Valentine's.

For my card I used December's SOTM called Amore, and for the damask background, I used the Wings Workshop stamp set.

Before I stamped the Amore sentiment, I sanded my Vineyard Berry cardstock so it would show up a little better and to also give it a soft, more vintage-y look.


~~~~~~~



I also created a more masculine type of Valentine card, a little more suitable for the guy in your life than the first card.  I used the same two stamp sets for this card, and paired it with a patterned B&T from Wings.

When stamping my damask background, I just masked off the scalloped edge to keep the scallop part free of ink.

Thanks for visiting! Your next stop along the blog hop is over at Jenifer's blog.



Happy creating! :)


Supplies used all CTMH:

Amore card:
Paper:  Vineyard Berry, Colonial White, Black CS
Stamps:  Amore, Wings Workshop
Ink:  Black
Embellishments:  Colonial White crochet ribbon, Colonial White button, Black buttons, Adhesive pearl, Naturals floss
Other items:  Corner rounder, Paper piercer, Needle, Sanding kit

Love You card:
Paper:  Wings B&T; Twilight, Colonial White, Black CS
Stamps:  Amore, Wings Workshop
Ink:  Black, Twilight, Vineyard Berry
Embellishments:  Black striped grosgrain, Black button, Crystal Blue waxy flax
Other items:  Corner rounder, Micro-tip scissors, Paper piercer, Sponge, 3D foam tape

13 comments:

Corina said...

Hi Vicki!!
These are very beautiful and elegant cards, L-O-V-E them!

Haley D. said...

Beautiful! I love the damask sooo much; masking the edge is very clever.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards, Vicki.

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous cards! So clean looking & I love the colors. Good tip to sand the Vineyard Berry first.

Laurie Flannery said...

Great cards Vicki! I love your color combo on the second card. Very nice.

Jenifer said...

Love the cards!!!

Nikka Geers said...

i love when u use damask stamps, which is alot. and love the blue one. i think that ones gonna get cased.

stacy m said...

I love your cards and the blue one is phenomenal!

Jill (Scrap Wench) said...

I love that you used black so prominently in your cards! They are wonderful.

Tracy said...

these are stunning. I love the color combos. The black makes both the pink and blue pop so much. Thanks for sharing

Joy said...

Those damask backgrounds are beautiful. Gorgeous cards.

Melinda Everitt said...

Your cards are great and I love what you do with the damask background.

Luisa said...

Love both of them, but specialy the masculine one! Great tip to consider when making a Valentine card for a guy!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin