Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Life ~ Enjoy The Ride {a masculine card}


I had fun playing with the Enjoy Life stamp set.  I pulled out my Wishes card design book and chose to use the Sun Dial pattern for my card.

I clear embossed the bike image and the sentiment, and I rubbed some Sky ink with a sponge over the Outdoor Denim embossed bike.

I didn't use any B&Ts on this card, instead choosing to create my own patterned paper by stamping with Sky and Sunset inks with the Two-Step Backgrounds stamp set.  I also used Brown Bag ink on Kraft cardstock to stamp the woodgrain image from the Universal Backgrounds set.  And using some of the images from the Enjoy Life set, I random stamped with Outdoor Denim ink onto the Sky cardstock to create some depth and pattern behind the focal images.

Then I simply added some White Hemp and buttons to complete the masculine look/feel I was going for.

I hope you like my card as much as I do!


 
Until next time, happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Colonial White, Sunset, Outdoor Denim, Sky, Kraft CS
Stamps:  Enjoy Life, Universal Backgrounds, Two-Step Backgrounds
Inks:  Outdoor Denim, Sunset, Sky, Brown Bag, Versamark
Embellishments:  Blue assorted buttons, Sunset button - Mini Medley's, White hemp
Other:  Wishes - Sun Dial pattern, Clear detail embossing powder, Scor-Tape (Scor-Pal), Coluzzle circles (retired), Sponge, Cornice border punch (Martha Stewart), Craft heater

1 comment:

Nikka Geers said...

i always thought that pattern from two step bg was going to be too busy using both but you made it work. love this card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin