Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hold On To Each Other {Mojo Monday #199}


Edited to add:  Gosh, sorry for the blurry photo... I need to check the settings on my camera, I see.
I had a friend stop by to drop off her son last night so I could take care of him while her and her hubby fly away for a week to attend a wedding on the East Coast (we live in Western Canada), and she asked me if I had a wedding card.  Ahem, me?... the card-maker... of course I do... don't I???  After some digging through unpacked boxes I did finally find one I could let her have.  But that definitely caught my attention.  I NEED wedding cards! 

So here we go... over the next while, I will be building up my stash (of numerous cards) to also include a selection for weddings.   Funny how one can have soooo many cards, yet still not have what you need when you need it.  How is that possible???  lol



So for my first card to add to my stash, I used the Mojo Monday sketch #199.




I used a similar color combo that I used for an upcoming blog hop I'm participating in on July 15th (be sure to watch for that!), minus the Grey Wool.

My paper rose is a cream colored one that I had bought at the local dollar store, and I sprayed it with a mixture of water/rubbing alcohol/Creme Brulee re-inker in my spray pen.  I trimmed off the greenery attached to the bottom of the store-bought flower and added my own leaves I created/cut out of Black cardstock.

My damask paper is made by stamping in Black and Grey Wool inks with the Two-Step Backgrounds stamp set.  Once again, an all-cardstock card.  Seems to be my thing lately.  ;)


Off for now... gotta do some little boy entertaining.

Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Colonial White, Grey Wool, Black CS
Stamps:  Two-Step Backgrounds, Bliss, My One & Only (retired)
Inks:  Creme Brulee, Grey Wool, Black
Embellishments:  Paper Rose (MultiCraft Imports), Opal Grey 5/8" satin ribbon (Walmart)
Punches/Dies:  2 1/4" and 2 1/2" circle punch (EK), Double Scallop border (Martha Stewart), Scallop Circle Nestabilities die (Spellbinders)
Other:  Spray pen, Paper crimper (Fiskars), Micro-tip scissors, Sponge, 3D foam tape, ScorTape (ScorPal)

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a sweet sentiment and gorgeous card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

life documented said...

You are my Card Idol Vicky! I love checking in regularly to see all your cards...you're awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin