Thursday, July 14, 2011

Love Is All You Need... {Color Dare Challenge #1}



There's a brand new challenge blog out there called the CTMH Color Dare blog.  I think it's great to have a color challenge blog based soley on Close To My Heart colors.  So I took on the challenge this week.

Our colors to use this week are:  Twilight, Pansy Purple, Sunset, Cranberry, and Sorbet.  We are to use either all of the colors or pick the ones we want to use from the selection.  I chose Twilight, Pansy Purple and Sunset for my card. 

Inspiration for my card came from one done by fellow CTMH Consultant Tammera Wisterman.  She used the same retired Happiness stamp set in a very similar way on her wonderful card, and it inspired me to dig my Happiness stamp set out of my "for sale" pile and put it to use.

I also pulled in a little (neutral) black ink onto my card, stamping the musical notes background onto my Colonial White cardstock.  I inked up the image and stamped it off once onto scrap paper before stamping the image onto my cardstock, making it not so dark and allowing it to blend into the background better.

I had punched the circle shape out of my top layer and attached a Pansy Purple piece of cardstock in behind it, but afterthoughts have me thinking that if I created this card again I would change it to a matted piece instead; having the Pansy Purple mat the Colonial White piece and layering it on top of the Twilight.  But it's too late to change it now.  ;)

~~~~~~~

I'll be back tomorrow with a blog hop project.

So until then, happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Twilight, Pansy Purple, Colonial White CS
Stamps:  Universal Backgrounds, Happiness (Retired), My One & Only (Retired)
Inks:  Twilight, Pansy Purple, Sunset, Black
Embellishments:  Sunset button, ribbon and metal tag; Natural Hemp, Love Story Rub-on (Retired)
Punches:  1 1/4" circle, Cornice border (Martha Stewart)
Other:  Sponge, Paper piercer, ScorTape (ScorPal)


7 comments:

life documented said...

Love it Vicki! I saw this new colour challenge site yesterday and thought I might play along too!

Crafty Texan said...

Lovely! ..and your card matches your blog backgound right now. haha! I need to play too. TFS

Jody Gustafson said...

OMG girl, You are amazing. I looked at those colors and they are such a challenge that I'm still thinking how to put them together. You make it look so effortless.

Amy Pitts said...

Gorgeous! I think I will play along too.

Diana Soling said...

I love your card. It is just beautiful. Thanks for playing along on CTMH Color Dare!!

Unknown said...

I love what you came up with! Great work, girl!

Tammy said...

Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin