Welcome to the Paper Trial Blog Hop!
You should have arrived from Karen's blog, but this is a circular hop so it doesn't really matter where you begin. ;)
Each month the Paper Trail Blog Hop features a specific Close To My Heart paper pack, but with a new Idea Book starting August 1st and 8 whole new paper packs to choose from, the powers that be have decided that this month the theme is "anything goes"! So we are allowed to choose whichever paper pack we want to work with.
I decided to work with the Mischief paper pack because it works perfectly with Wicked, the August Stamp of the Month.
(Unfortunately at the time of my getting ready for the hop, my order of new product had not yet arrived so I had to use cardstock in the same colors that are in the Mischief paper pack.)
Now the obvious use for Mischief is Halloween themed projects, but if you take a close look at the papers in this pack you'll see that you could easily use most of them for any antique themed purposes, too. Very cool.
So some quick notes about my card...
- I stamped the "honeycomb" image onto Desert Sand cardstock with Desert Sand ink
- I used my Cricut to cut the black triangular shapes
- I created my paper yo-yo with a 1 1/4" x 12" strip of Grey Wool cardstock, scored at every 1/4"
- I stamped the sentiment onto my paper yo-yo with black ink to give the cardstock some pattern
- I clear embossed my main image and sentiment
- I sponged Black ink onto the outer edges of each piece of cardstock before assembly
I hope you enjoyed my card. Please continue along the Paper Trial Blog Hop to see what Betsy has created.
If by chance you get lost along the way, here's the list of Paper Trail Blog Hoppers:
Vicki (you are here)
Happy creating! :)
Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Black, Grey Wool, Sunset, Barn Red, Desert Sand, Colonial White Cardstock
Stamp: Wicked - Aug. SOTM
Inks: Black, Desert Sand, Versamark
Embellishments: Chocolate striped grosgrain, Licorice Adhesive Gems, Sunset Button, Pewter Designer brad
Other: Clear Detail embossing powder, Craft heater, Cricut and George & Basics Shapes cartridge (Provo Craft), Score Board (Martha Stewart), Micro-tip scissors, Sponge, ScorTape (ScorPal)