Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let's Celebrate with Roxie {H2H Kid's Birthday Challenge}



Now that it's August, CTMH has a new Idea Book!
And my new product order finally arrived, so of course I had to play.





This week over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog, this week's challenge is to create something for a kid's birthday.


My card is made using B&Ts from the Roxie paper pack, just one of the 8 new paper packs now available.

I know quite a few little girls (friend's daughters) that will be turning 11 this year, and I thought this paper would work perfectly for a "tween" birthday card.

I used a few different new stamp sets on my card... "let's celebrate" and the numbers are from a set called Little Reminder (January SOTM), the lined paper image is from the Typeset Workshop On the Go kit, and "the best time of the year" is from a set called Pair-A-Phrase which will be available in an upcoming National Stamping Month special where you can get this double set for free with a $82 minimum order.  Pair-A-Phrase has two stamps sets in one package; it's full of fun images and sentiments.

 Since this is a girlie card, I felt it needed a touch of sparkle, so I added some onto the punched heart by clear embossing it with Prisma Glitter.


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Roxie B&Ts, Colonial White, Black, Desert Sand, Tulip CS
Stamps:  Little Reminder - January SOTM, Typeset, Pair-A-Phrase
Inks:  Black, Desert Sand, Versamark
Embellishments:  Mocha Opaques, Colonial White crocheted ribbon
Punches:  Scallop border (SU), 1 1/4" circle, 1 1/2" circle (EK), Heart (Martha Stewart)
Other:  Score Board (Martha Stewart), 3D foam tape, Micro-tip scissors, Prisma Glitter, Clear embossing powder, Craft heater


3 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh, I love it! You know I wasn't so sure when I saw Roxie in the book, but I am glad I ordered it. I love it - and there is so much you can do with it! Thanks for playing at H2H!

Haley D. said...

My tween (who will be 11 next year) would love this! Thanks for sharing your Roxie-licious card with us at H2H!

Unknown said...

I used the Roxie collection papers to make a card for my four year old's birthday. This paper is just so awesome for girls!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin