Monday, October 10, 2011

Embossed & Dry Embossed Halloween Card



Are you looking at the background paper and wondering, "how'd she do that"? 

I watched a how-to on Mel Stamps' blog you can take a look at here.
She's soooo creative!

I've seen the same process done by others lately, too.



I'll walk ya through the how-to process.  ;)


  • first you dry emboss your B&T paper or Cardstock ( I ran my B&T through the Cuttlebug with an embossing folder)
  • then you ink up your brayer with Versamark ink and run it over the raised parts of your dry embossed piece
  • next you sprinkle clear embossing powder over it, tap off the excess, and then heat set the embossing powder
  • take a sponge and ink (I used Black ink), and rub the ink into the paper, and then take a kleenex or paper towel and lightly rub off the ink that doesn't stick to the clear embossed areas


I hope you enjoyed my card.


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in Canada!

And happy creating!  :)




Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Elemental B&T; Black, Colonial White CS
Stamp:  Mischief WOTG
Inks:  Black, Gypsy, Sorbet, Chocolate; Honey marker
Embellishments:  Clear sparkles, Dk. Chocolate striped grosgrain
Other:  Vintage Wallpaper Sizzix embossing folder (SU), Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Micro-tip scissors, 3D foam tape, Sponge






     
     
 

2 comments:

Brenda said...

WOWIE! Great card Vicki!

tjhubner said...

Very very cute, thanks for sharing. Your work is wonderful! Smiles Joanie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin