Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Paper Trail Blog Hop for February... Anything Goes!



Welcome to the Paper Trail Blog Hop for February!

Each month we feature a different Close To My Heart paper pack.


You should have arrived from Lynne's blog, but it is a circular hop, so it doesn't matter where you begin.  ;)


February is an exciting month!  We have a brand new Idea Book for Spring and Summer, and it is so full of fantabulous stuff!!!


This month we have decided to do an "anything goes hop" where each hopper gets to choose whatever paper pack they want to use, whether it's from our just-retired Idea Book or from the brand new one. 
{That gives each of us a chance/time to get some of the product in-hand if we want to use something new, and if we don't get our new stuff in time, then no pressure.}



So what did I choose to do????

Well, I think you are in luck today...  lol


Since we have 8 new paper packs, and only 6 months to blog hop until the next Idea Book comes out, I am sharing the 3 new paper packs with you this month that we don't have on the roster for the following 5 months.



So here we go!!!



~~~~~~~


Florentine








The papers in this pack are so soft and pretty...



For my first project to share, I created a card. 

{I used an old Verve sketch for the layout design.}





Ain't she purty?

I created the flower from Card Chatter - Word Puzzle by stamping the image with Versamark and Pacifica inks onto glossy cardstock.

{The reason I used Pacifica ink, was because sometimes embossing slightly changes the ink color, and when I first tried it with Twilight ink to match the colors in Florentine, it turned the ink more like Lagoon.}

I then sprinkled Clear Detail embossing powder over top, tapped off the excess, and then heat set it.

Then I simply used my waterbrush and Creme Brulee re-inker to paint the flower.




~~~~~~~



Pemberley








This is one of my fave new paper packs in the new Idea Book.



Now this is a fun project... it's a K-Cup Caddie!!!

Now, for anyone who owns a Keurig, who wouldn't want to recieve one of these?






So fun!

You can get the instructions right here for the K-Cup Caddie.



~~~~~~~



Lucy









Okay, being completly honest here, I wasn't so sure about this paper pack.  It's very girly/Easter to me.

But... that's what I love about something that I think of as challenging to me. 

I usually end up changing my mind.  lol

Just like in this case.

It will now likely be on my next order.  ;)







And really, who knew there could be a masculine side to Lucy???



I LOVE this card!







In fact, I loved it so much, I decided to re-create it in a feminine version...






Super sweet! 



~~~~~~~



Before I go, I thought I would once again share the cover of the new Idea Book.







Well, I guess that's it until next time.


I hope you enjoyed your visit.


You can continue along on the Paper Trail Blog Hop by visiting Pam's blog.




Happy creating!  :)





Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):


Florentine card:
Paper:  Florentine B&Ts; Cocoa, Colonial White CS; Glossy CS - retired
Stamps:  Just a Number, Card Chatter - Word Puzzle
Inks:  Pacifica, Twilight, Cocoa, Versamark; Creme Brulee re-inker
Embellishments:  Durables Studs - square, Color-ready seam binding, Wooden button, Chocolate twine
Other:  Waterbrush, Sponge, 3D foam tape, Corner rounder, Micro-tip scissors


Pemberley K-Cup Caddie:
Paper:  Pemberley B&Ts; Outdoor Denim, Kraft, Colonial White CS
Stamp:  A Sip
Inks:  Creme Brulee, Outdoor Denim
Embellishments:  Mocha Opaques, Paradise Paper flower, Paper butterfly - retired - but you can use the new Flutter paper shapes instead
Other:  Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, 3D foam tape, 1 3/4" circle punch (EK Success), Lg. Oval punch (SU)


Lucy Birthday cards:
Paper:  Lucy B&Ts; Chocolate, Kraft, Sky, Colonial White, Grey Wool CS
Stamps:  Pennant Alphabet, Just a Number
Inks:  Sky, Chocolate, Sweet Leaf, Black
Embellishments:  Dk. Chocolate striped grosgrain, Sweet Leaf grosgrain
Other:  Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, 3D foam tape, Micro-tip scissors










8 comments:

Tamytha said...

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor! LOL
You've really been cranking out the creative juice. It's hard to pick a favorite.
BTW, my daughter (15) saw your K-cup caddie and exclaimed "Oh my gosh! That's amazing! I love it!" (She love's the Keurig.)

Stampin n da Hood said...

Allow me to wipe the drool off my chin, too!
Awesome job as always! I hate loving you and your artwork! :-)

clmk523 said...

Wow! Not one, but three new paper packs! Gorgeous projects all. I especially love the embossed flower on the card.

Unknown said...

that freeking keurig k cup holder is a stroke of genious I tell you - a STROKE OF GENIOUS! Stellar work as usual Vicki

Betsy Lewis Gully said...

Well aren't you little miss ambitious!! THREE paper packs and even more samples. Can I have a little of whatever it is you have that allows you to create all this awesomeness? Mucho Kudos!!

Karen Barber said...

Ok, 3 paper packs - little show off!! LOL!! Seriously, could these be any cuter??? Love them and thanks for posting the link to the pattern for the K-cup holder - too stinkin' cute!

Mary said...

Gorgeous!!!

Tracey Jean said...

Pick me. Pick me. I've got a Keurig...
Seriously, you did an amazing job with these projects. Amazing! Thanks for sharing that K-Cup caddie template. I gotta go try it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin