Isn't this just the cutest?!
I came across a great tutorial for this Card Keeper Box on Erica Cerwin's blog here.
I made a few changes, but for the most part kept it as per her tutorial.
(I'll note my changes at the bottom of this post.)
I did make my dividers a little differently, though.
I created 6 tabbed dividers, that when flipped over after the first 6 months are over, they have the next 6 months on the reverse side.
I also added a pockets onto both sides of the dividers and printed up blank calendar sheets to tuck inside each pocket.
The calendars are completely removable and can be replaced as needed.
Here's the reverse side of the January divider shown above:
Wouldn't one of these make a great gift?
Now I just need to add a few generic birthday cards!
* Here's the few changes I made:
- Though I didn't do this for the box shown, I would suggest to change the 7"x6" cardstock piece to 7 1/2" x 6" piece
- I used B&T papers (instead of creating the zebra print), and would suggest adhering the pieces onto the box before assembly
- I used a 2 1/4" and a 2 1/2" circle punch for the front - my tip would be to punch the 1/2 circle out of the B&T piece first (before adhering), then use it as a guide and use a pencil to draw the 1/2 circle shape onto the box front, and then punch the cardstock with the 2 1/2" circle punch - I think that would make it easier to line up
- For the B&T on the side panels, I cut mine to 6 1/2" x 2 1/4"
- For the B&T on the front panel, I cut mine to 3 3/4" x 4 3/4", but if you changed your large cardstock piece to the 7 1/2" x 6" size, then your front panel will need to be 4 1/4" x 4 3/4"
* My additions:
- I added 6 dividers measuring 6" x 4 3/4" (cut 6)
- The B&T pockets measure 2 1/2" x 4 3/4" (cut 12)
- The calendar inserts were printed double-sided and trimmed to 5" x 3 3/4" (used 3 sheets of 8 1/2" x 11" Colonial White CS)
- Here is a printable of my Card Keeper Box Calendar Inserts, shown below. You will need to print the first 3 pages, then flip them over in your printer and print the reverse sides.
- (I just updated this file to see if I can figure out how to add the printable files directly onto this page. If it doesn't work, please feel free to email me and I can send it via email to you. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Front Side (3 pages)
Reverse side (3 pages)
Happy creating! :)
Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Lucy B&T; Colonial White, Cotton Candy, Sweet Leaf CS
Stamp: Save the Date
Embellishments: Sweet Leaf stitched grosgrain, Creme Brulee paper flower, Paper butterfly, Clear sparkles, Pearl Opaque
Punches/Die: 2 1/4" and 2 1/2" circle punches (EK), 5/8" circle punch (EK), Round Tab punch (McGill); Daisies #2 die (SU-Sizzix)
Other: Diagonal Scoring Plate (SU), Score Board (Martha Stewart), ScorTape (ScorPal)