I saw an awesome bookmark and holder on Jill Hilliard's blog HERE and wanted to make these for my customers who placed orders with me this month. I tend to give 3x3 thank you cards, but wanted to change it up a little. I used their (first name) initials on the covers to personalize them. Hopefully they will like them. ;)
Here's how I made them:
- Start with a 6x9 piece of CS, and with 9" side at top of ScorPal, score at 1", then turn so 6" side is at the top and score at 1 3/4" and 4 1/4".
- Use scissors to cut the two little square corners off.
- Use a 1 1/2" circle punch to punch a half circle from the top front side of the holder.
- Fold along score lines and adhere one of the long sides to the other long side.
- Fold up bottom flap and adhere.
- Decorate as you wish.
- CS size is 2 1/4" x 8"
- 1 1/2" circle punch
- grommet, hole punch and set grommet with Crop-A-Dile
- Ribbon: 11"
I also have to take this time to tell you all how overwhelming all your kind comments are... in a good way! lol Sometimes blogging can seem like a waste of my time, like I'm just talking to myself, but I have to say that running this latest blog candy and reading all your nice comments has helped me see that I'm not blogging just for myself, but for all of you as well.
I love to teach and share my knowledge, but I've always felt an overwhelming panicky shyness when teaching in front of people, so I try to stay away from that (even though I'm getting a little less panicky), but blogging gives me a way to show and teach and share with you all what I LOVE to do.
Thanks for hanging with me! I feel blessed!
So with that said, I made one more bookmark that I'm adding to the Blog Candy that's up for grabs. Don't forget to leave a comment on my Blog Candy post to be entered in my draw. :)
Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Colonial White, Chocolate, Blush, Heavenly Blue CS; Topstitch B&T
Stamps: Love Is In the Air, State of Mind, Homestead Alphabet
Inks: Chocolate, Blush, Heavenly Blue
Embellishments: Blush ricrac, Clear Sparkles, Grommets (Walmart)
Punches: Upper Crest border (Fiskars), 1 1/4" circle and 1 1/2" circle (EK Success)
Tools: Crop-A-Dile (LSS), Micro-tip scissors
Adhesive: Tombo Mono-Multi (LSS), 3D foam tape (dollar store)