Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You're Loved 8x8 Layout


Here's another layout that I just now completed which I'm planning to enter in our local Fall Fair for the Bite Sized pages category.  The Fall Fair is happening this coming weekend, so I have to drop off my entries on Friday.

I think I have pretty much everything ready, except for a Home Decor entry.  I'm hoping to get that done tomorrow, that's if my day goes without life interrupting...  and by life, I guess I mean kids & hubby.  lol   ;)

So what do you think of my little 8x8 layout with my most fave pic of Cole when he was only six?  It's using pretty much all new product (that just arrived today into my excited little hands) which will be in the Fall/Winter Idea Book.  Notice two brand new colours, too!  Oh, and I even pulled out my sewing machine to do some stitching.  I was nervous to use it for scrapbooking after having it repaired this past January.  I did a big no-no, actually quite a few of them, and had been stitching over glued areas on my cards and layouts, which caused a big gummed up catastrophe in my machine.  Yikes!

Anyways, I now vow to plan in advance if I'm going to sew on my papercrafts and I will not use glue in those areas...  :)

Hope I inspired some creativity in you today...

Happy creating!  :)


Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Lagoon, Pacifica, Colonial White CS; Magnifique B&T
Inks:  Lagoon, Pacifica
Embellishments:  Col. White & Chocolate Primavera rub-ons, Colonial White metal tag, Chocolate waxy flax, Lagoon grosgrain, DE monogram C, Pizzazz Irresistibles
Punch:  Real Estate Sign (EK)
Other items:  My Legacy Writer 0.5, 3D foam tape, Scor-Tape (ScorPal), Make-up sponge (dollar store), Sewing machine (Kenmore)






2 comments:

Gretel said...

Very nice layout. Love the new colors! I can hardly wait to get my grubby little hands on them (sigh).

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Awesome layout Vicki!! It's just stunning and will knock their socks off!!

Thanks for the advice about adhesive and sewing machines. When I bought my Janome Mini someone had just posted about ruining their machine and I made note of it! I am uber-careful about not putting any tape or glue where I plan to stitch! So far, so good. I love the look of machine stitching on paper - it adds SO much! Your layout uses it wonderfully.

Hugs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin