Thursday, September 29, 2011

9th non-winning MIFYH contest entry

Here's another 3D item that didn't win in the Make It From Your Heart contest.

I entered this one into the "Cricut featuring Roxie paper pack" category.








Inspiration for my 3 tier cake came from this photo of a real cake, that I saved from Pintrest earlier this summer.





Each piece of B&T and cardstock was cut from the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, except for the strips of cardstock that I wrapped into circles for each tier, and the three leaves that I just cut by hand.

This paper cake stands 5 3/4" tall by 3 3/4" wide.


~~~~~~~


Be sure to come back, as I have one last non-winning project to share with you tomorrow.  :)


 
~~~~~~~


Happy creating!  :)




Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Roxie B&Ts; Colonial White CS
Embellishments:  Mocha Opaques, Black embroidery floss
Other:  Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge,  3D foam tape, Bone folder, Paper crimper (Fiskars)




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Vicki, I love all your work! You are such an inspiration! I have two little ones at home so I haven't had a chance to scrap or make cards lately but I just love looking at your work. Thanks for sharing!

Gloria said...

I LOVE it! And it's a winner in my book. Didn't know you did pintrest - off to look u up and follow. I'm totally addicted. :)

Amy Moore said...

Gorgeous cake Vicki. You always do amazing work.

Haley D. said...

If this gorgeous cake didn't win, then I can't wait to see what did! It is stunning.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin