Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Note of Thanks... Card Word Puzzle





This pretty card came together rather quickly.

I heat embossed the large flower image from Card Word Puzzle with White embossing powder onto Smoothie cardstock.

This is how I created the main flower:  
  • I first squeezed the lid down onto the closed Smoothie ink pad, then opened it and squeezed some water from my water brush onto the pooled ink in the lid, then mixed it well.
  • I then took a scrap piece of White Daisy cardstock, and using my water brush, I liberally "painted" the watery ink onto the cardstock, working from top to bottom, with side-to-side wide strokes of the brush, being careful to not "rub" or overwork the paper (as this will cause a balling-up or pilling of the top layer).  And you want to be sure not to get your paper too wet.
  • I let my cardstock dry for a minute, then stamped the large flower image in Smoothie ink over top of the waterbrushed ink.
  • I used a sponge dauber with very little Smoothie ink and rubbed it only onto the center of the flower.
  • I then trimmed out the flower out with my scissors, and attached it onto White Daisy cardstock with a piece of 3D foam tape.  The paper naturally curls up a little from the water, which gives it a little more shape.
  • Lastly, I added some little white dots to the flower's center with my Ranger White Opal Liquid Pearls.

And the sentiment is from the same stamp set as the flower image; Card Word Puzzle.


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  White Daisy, Smoothie CS
Stamp:  Card Word Puzzle
Inks:  Smoothie, Versamark
Other:  White embossing powder, Waterbrush, 3D foam tape, Sponge dauber, Micro-tip scissors, White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger)











5 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Just GORGEOUS, Vicki! Smoothie goes well with this image.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Wow! This is fabulous how it all came together. Kudos to you for using that white daisy so flawlessly!

Marg Van Patten said...

So, so lovely Vicki. Thanks for the instructions .... I just recently attended a waterbrush class and will add your tips to my notes. Thank you!

Leslie said...

very nice, can't wait to get my stamp to try it. thanks for sharing.

Joyce Gough said...

Omigosh, I'm going to have to give this a try! This is gorgeous! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin