Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Stamped Birthday Card



Yesterday I stole about a half hour out of my day to get my fingers inky before running errands.

I always enjoy stamping my own patterned paper(s).





The main image and sentiment is from a new set called Belated Birthday.

For the cake, I first inked the stamp in Whisper, then rolled the outer edges in Sky ink.


The damask images are from an old, retired set called Decorative Dainties. 
I inked the stamp first in Whisper ink, then rolled the edges in Pacifica, and stamped it onto Sky cardstock.

I wanted to use a Pacifica ribbon, and I found an old roll of Indian Corn Blue grosgrain ribbon in my ribbon drawer, so I cut off a length and then sponged Pacifica ink onto it.  Worked perfectly.

And then I found that I had some Pacifica ribbon from an old mini medley's collection when I was grabbing a Pacifica button to use.  Of course!  Oh, well... so now I see I need to take all my ribbon out of my mini medley's and put them into my ribbon drawer.


Happy creating!  :)



Supplies used (all CTMH):
Paper:  White Daisy, Sky, Whisper CS
Stamps:  Belated Birthday, Decorative Dainties - retired
Inks:  Whisper, Pacifica, Sky
Markers:  Pacifica, Sky
Embellishments:  Pacifica button, Slate Baker's Twine, Indian Corn Blue grosgrain - retired (and inked)









2 comments:

Sparky said...

I just love this card, Vicki!! The colors you've chosen are some of my favorites. TFS!
~Kris~

Krista Hershberger ---- Krista's Crafty with CTMH said...

BEAUTIFUL card Vicki!! :) The colors are beautiful...I believe I'll be looking through my stash to make a similar card for an upcoming gathering. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin