Monday, August 16, 2010

Fall Fair stuff...

Well, the Fall Fair ended yesterday.  My weekend was so busy that I didn't get a chance to attend and see any of the other entries.  By the time I arrived to pick up my stuff, everything was packed up/picked up.  Darn.  I love to see all the crafty creativeness of others.

Here's another item I entered; this one was for the Home Decor category.  I've seen so many dry erase message boards made using a picture frame that I can't possibly remember where I saw the idea first.  But I was told by a few people while picking up my entries that this was the hit of all my items, the "talk of the town" so-to-speak.  Funny, eh?


Sorry for the not so great photo, though.  It was difficult to get a good picture with the reflections off the glass.  There is a brown self adhesive Prima felt tree branch on the left side of the frame that is blending in a little too well for my limited photog skills.  The felt is a little darker than the frame so you can actually see it in person.  And I had to use my new SU owl punch which arrived just in time.  Added the perfect last little touch.

So what did I win?  I took first for all of my 7 entries and I also won Grand Aggregate.  I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I think it has something to do with taking first in the all the entire Scrapbooking category.  Wow!  An unexpected, but nice surprise.  :)

I've had some people wanting to see all that I was entering.  We are allowed to enter anything we've created within the last year, or basically since the last Fall Fair.  So most of the items I have previously posted.  I'll just show you the thumbnail images and if you want to see the original posts, you can just click on the description links.


Papercraft - Home Decor:  Dry Erase board (photo shown above)


Papercraft - 2 Cards:  Great Day Card & Thank You Card
(I can only show you the one card right now, as the other one is entered into a contest)


Scrapbooking - Bite Sized Page(s):  You're Loved 8x8 Layout



Scrapbooking - 12"x12":  Beautiful Banff Layout


Scrapbooking - Judged on Journaling:  What Happened? 12x12 Layout


Scrapbooking - Paper Art Craft:  Asian Tea Holder













Scrapbooking - Any Article Not Mentioned Above:  My {Cool} School Buds Envelope Mini Album













Happy Creating!  :)


Supplies used for the Dry Erase Message Board (all CTMH unless otherwise noted):
Paper:  Twitterpated B&T, Colonial White and Chocolate CS
Stamps:  Classmate Alphabet, Felicity stamp set
Ink:  Chocolate
Embellishments:  Twitterpated MyStickease, Sorbet woven ribbon, Twill, Felt Leaves and Mushrooms from Heartfelt Wonder, Felt Tree Branch (Prima Marketing)
Punch:  XL 2-step Owl (SU)
Other items:  11x14 Picture frame (dollar store), Dry erase marker (Staples), 3D foam tape

1 comment:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

YaHoo!!! Hooray for Vicki!!!!! I love the message board, too! And I believe I have saved photos of all of the others in my special "Vicki Inspiration" folder!!! YOU ROCK!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin